Vbulletin Dead ?? No rich resources/mods available.. Upgrades Costing too...

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
Damn and I just bought the newest version of vb. I’ve been out of the loop for so long. Guess I should’ve researched. Wonder if I can get a refund lol. I never liked XenForo’s look.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
It's been down all day/night depending on your location. According to an email that I have yet to see it was planned but all I get now is a 503 error.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
The forum was not affected, but it has been almost a day now for vb.com... They couldve provisioned a working server immediately so its unlikely a tech issue - my guess is theyre refreshing their frontpage and maybe the cart software.

IBulletin now available for preorder!

zappaDPJ

Administrator
The forum was not affected, but it has been almost a day now for vb.com... They couldve provisioned a working server immediately so its unlikely a tech issue - my guess is theyre refreshing their frontpage and maybe the cart software.

IBulletin now available for preorder!

I of course had their landing page bookmarked :censored:

Panupat

Habitué
I don't think it's specific to Vbulletin. People are not just into forums anymore except those that are used for support tickets of sort.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Is it people or webmasters themselves? New channels to target audiences have appeared and many webmasters just switched to those - facebook, discord, even youtube, each with their monetization strategies.
There's more to "communities" than just forums and overlooking this has costed relevance to webmasters who had yet to tame those alternate channels and make forums the central communication hub.

SaN-DeeP

TechArena.IN
Thanks for replies, but thanks.. not checking negative replies against vbulletin..

Main question being, available and trust able resources charge quite high.
Its too costly if you really want a real vbulletin developer, I have spend upto 5000 US$ for most important server configuration and setup costs (excluding hosting).. as one time charges, but till today I trust this contact for my servers.

Available on vb.org are cheats mostly, my 7+ experiences

But if vbulletin grows this ways, its end of vb for sure..
IF VB IS DEAD SPREAD THE WORD, BEFORE MEDIA COVERS

We could have migrated to other scripts, but seems time has come, its not only 100s but 1000s of forum software scripts to go..

BUT STILL VB AS PIONEER CAN DO GREAT MIRACLES.. I hope team wakes up from vbulletin.com
Or a GL from me forever.. to vb

SaN-DeeP

TechArena.IN
Thanks for replies, but thanks.. not checking negative replies against vbulletin..

Main question being, available and trust able resources charge quite high.
Its too costly if you really want a real vbulletin developer, I have spend upto 5000 US$ for most important server configuration and setup costs (excluding hosting).. as one time charges, but till today I trust this contact for my servers.

Available on vb.org are cheats mostly, my 7+ experiences

But if vbulletin grows this ways, its end of vb for sure..
IF VB IS DEAD SPREAD THE WORD, BEFORE MEDIA COVERS

We could have migrated to other scripts, but seems time has come, its not only 100s but 1000s of forum software scripts to go..

BUT STILL VB AS PIONEER CAN DO GREAT MIRACLES.. I hope team wakes up from vbulletin.com
Or a GL from me forever.. to vb

I am not a 1 year old customer..
Vb helped me grow !
But Vb cannot let me down !
Its end of VB not ME/US !

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I got a full refund and went with Xenforo instead. The only thing I dislike about Xen is their forum styles. They're kind of ugly unlike Vbulletin's were.

Zero Numbers

Adherent
The thing we quickly found out is that InternetBrands apparently has absolutely no shame. They buy popular forums and then seem to let them rot until they aren't making enough money to justify their existence. In my opinion They're litigious, digital slumlords.

Which probably explains why the direction of the places that get bought out become lacking. In a way, just like how large companies push out the small businesses.

Deimos

Devotee
I don't think it's specific to Vbulletin. People are not just into forums anymore except those that are used for support tickets of sort.
I noticed the same as well, everyone I knew who was on my own forum has just grown out of them, they all use social media for pretty much everything now, which is a shame.