vBulletin.com Forums Hacked

Paul M

Super Moderator
vBulletin is not a company, its software.
vBulletin Solutions is presumably just a legal thing, Internet Brands runs vbulletin development, we dont get paid by VBS.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Just a legal thing like a business, which a company is, in legal like terms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_(business)

Where you get paid from doesn't change the fact that vBulletin is run as a business, represented by its own company, vBulletin Solutions Inc. How that also factors into the whole picture between IB and vB's team and product management is another topic for sure.

Still, fact is, vBulletin, the software, is sold and represented by a company, vBulletin Solutions Inc., which is a division of Internet Brands.

And to round it up.

Come on now, not every company is like vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Slightly corrected.

Scott

I A 1

Enthusiast
^ Yes, that is what I see.

And .org site shows "The site is not currently available, please try later." in Red.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Everything seems down... Trying to contact someone, a bit early in California. (vBCloud is working fine.)

gog1970

Enthusiast
I have seen that before. It looks weird, why do they need all that info?

After reading this thread and then seeing the request for information my first thought was it was a sly plot by hackers to gain info lol
I now realise that's not the case,still has me wondering why

HallofFamer

Habitué
Look like they are back to normal now, what happened before seems to be another hacking attempt. The question is, have they learned anything during the last few times VB was hacked. If so, did they take any measures to fix the security problem, or just reset server and clients passwords.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Are we sure it was a hacking attempt though? I just surfed to vB.org and wasn't logged out. They've not instituted a forced password reset as they generally do after a hacking attempt... It could have simply been a server issue? Or ... maybe not?... :confused:

J.