vBulletin.com Forums Hacked

VICE

tool
vB is not a company, IB is, and yes, some are indeed much worse.
First time login on vb.com after new year and the first thing I saw was a thread of someone leaving (again!).
But this time, he did meticulously listed down at least 1% of the issues with vB5.
Any chance the devs answering the thread by next week?
Since it seems we're not gonna get any answer about the security breach.

Paul M

Limeade Addict
I would think there is little chance of any developers posting in a thread by someone leaving, esp given they dont generally post at all.

VICE

tool
I would think there is little chance of any developers posting in a thread by someone leaving, esp given they dont generally post at all.
The point of my question was to verify the veracity of the dirty laundry list.
Judging from your reply, suffice to say, 2016 vB5 is still riddled with flaws.
By the way, wish you happy 2016 and happy holiday.

Paul M

Limeade Addict
vBulletin is not a company, its software.
vBulletin Solutions is presumably just a legal thing, Internet Brands runs vbulletin development, we dont get paid by VBS.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Just a legal thing like a business, which a company is, in legal like terms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_(business)

Where you get paid from doesn't change the fact that vBulletin is run as a business, represented by its own company, vBulletin Solutions Inc. How that also factors into the whole picture between IB and vB's team and product management is another topic for sure.

Still, fact is, vBulletin, the software, is sold and represented by a company, vBulletin Solutions Inc., which is a division of Internet Brands.

And to round it up.

Come on now, not every company is like vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Slightly corrected.

Scott

I A 1

Enthusiast
^ Yes, that is what I see.

And .org site shows "The site is not currently available, please try later." in Red.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Everything seems down... Trying to contact someone, a bit early in California. (vBCloud is working fine.)