Buying vBulletin 3 Forum license: $30

Alpha1

Administrator
How much are you willing to offer for a license? Do you want full suite or just forum?

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
The suite can be the blog and the other add-on

Blog and Project Tools.

I had to look on the WayBack machine. I completely forgot Project Tools was even a thing and I have apparently incorrectly thought for over a decade now that blogs were added to the core in 3.7 with all the other social features.

Alpha1

Administrator
I have edited the title for you. I'm sure people will have a license collecting dust and want to get rid of it. For me the low value is not worth the hassle.

FTL

Adherent
I don't have a license to sell, but I'm curious why you would want such old and unsupported forum software? Without knowing your specific situation, it seems to me that buying a XenForo license would be best as the product is one of the best and has great support. It doesn't break the bank, either.

Oedipus

Participant
I don't have a license to sell, but I'm curious why you would want such old and unsupported forum software? Without knowing your specific situation, it seems to me that buying a XenForo license would be best as the product is one of the best and has great support. It doesn't break the bank, either.

I have a project and I wanted to use vB3 but I am looking into Xenforo now. I think I will be going with XF.

I have licenses of vBulletin 3. Send me a private message if you're still interested.

Thanks for the reply. I will be buying Xenforo.

Reactions: FTL

FTL

Adherent
I have a project and I wanted to use vB3 but I am looking into Xenforo now. I think I will be going with XF.
Oh, now you've got me curious about this project šŸ˜® if you're ok to tell us?

Oedipus

Participant
Oh, now you've got me curious about this project šŸ˜® if you're ok to tell us?

I wanted to use vB3 for the old school stuff idea. Music, photos, internet...vB3 looks very old school and I thought vB3 is a great option. But I will be using XF. Much better option.

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
I wanted to use vB3 for the old school stuff idea. Music, photos, internet...vB3 looks very old school and I thought vB3 is a great option. But I will be using XF. Much better option.

vB3 has been unsupported for years and probably has lots of security issues at this point. MyBB would probably be the best alternative if you want the "old school" feel these days (it was pretty much a clone of vB3 for a long time).

That said, XenForo is probably a better option overall even if it doesn't have the same feel.

FTL

Adherent
Yeah, you won't be disappointed by XF. They also offer all the old versions right down to the very first 1.0.0 if you wanna try it in a sandbox.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
No reason you couldn't make XF look like vB3. Wouldn't imagine it would even be that hard - but remember that XF is very much the spiritual successor (in a way vB 4/5 actually weren't) to the vB3 lineage.

Then again given how often people assert that forums are so old fashioned and dead, one could make the argument that XF 2.2's layout is already there.