Resource icon

vBulletin vBulletin 3.8.5 - Thread Bans 2014-11-11

No permission to download

AlanCIT

Fan
AlanCIT submitted a new resource:

vBulletin 3.8.5 - Thread Bans - vBulletin 3.8.5 - Thread Bans

Note: Idea for this mod shamelessly stolen from Shelly - http://adminextra.com/forum/19886-post3.html - thanks Shelley :)

Introduction

Thread Bans allows you to ban specific members from replying and/or viewing
a specific thread.

All moderators / admins who have permission to moderate the forum that the
thread was posted in can ban members from the thread / clear bans for that
thread.

You cannot ban other moderators / admins from any thread :)

Installation...
Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

AlanCIT

Fan
Whoops! Forgot to include a plugin, original Zip file updated :)

CM404

Adherent
I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Per-thread banning is a fantastic idea. :D

MjrNuT

Fan
Another great one Alan.

For me though, I don't need this. Should I be surprised that this is actually a wanton feature? Not knocking you at all. Just questioning that there are boards out there where this amount of granular control is needed. (glad my site is void of that) Sorry if that seems naive, but also not meaning to boast at all.

AlanCIT

Fan
MjrNuT said:
Another great one Alan.

For me though, I don't need this. Should I be surprised that this is actually a wanton feature? Not knocking you at all. Just questioning that there are boards out there where this amount of granular control is needed. (glad my site is void of that) Sorry if that seems naive, but also not meaning to boast at all.
I think you are probably one of the few people who doesn't have a fair number of trolls / idiots posting in threads :) I'll definitely be using it, will make a nice alternative from sending warning after warning to the same user or having to put the whole thread in moderation.

Excellent, just what we need :) I do have a question though, does the banned from thread list show publically or is that only shown to admins/mods?

AlanCIT

Fan
Michael said:
Excellent, just what we need :) I do have a question though, does the banned from thread list show publically or is that only shown to admins/mods?
It only shows if the person has permission to moderate that forum :hug:

Well then it is perfect :) Thanks for releasing this, it sure saves closing a thread if its just one member spoiling it for everyone.

Caliope

70's Fashion Icon
Oh dear, I expect to be experiencing this sometime soon....

Im having an issue, mainly visual where it is interfering with the helpful answers/posts modificiation, when it is enabled it will repeat the postbit section about 4 times where the helpful posts mod displays at the bottom right of the postbit. Hope this is easy to fix :)

AlanCIT

Fan
I'm afraid that I don't know that mod. Can you send me a copy of it so I can take a look? And a screenshot of the problem in action please :p

gcv

Michael said:
Im having an issue, mainly visual where it is interfering with the helpful answers/posts modificiation, when it is enabled it will repeat the postbit section about 4 times where the helpful posts mod displays at the bottom right of the postbit. Hope this is easy to fix :)

I also saw that in my post bit. i thought I was going crazy. I disabled. My bad for not reporting sooner :p

I have the same mod installed.

This is the mod Alan

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Post Rating System (plus many sub-features) - vBulletin.org Forum

And a few screenies for you.

View attachment ai40.tinypic.com_51oeic.jpg
View attachment ai41.tinypic.com_2duj7t2.jpg
View attachment ai41.tinypic.com_no65w1.jpg

It seem to add an extra 3 of most things.

I thought I was going crazy.
Same here, I thought the site wasnt loading correctly at first but after a refresh I figured :p Seems to be the same problem but it is worse on your board than ours.

AlanCIT

Fan
Hmm, how strange :) Looking into it now.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Annoyingly, they both work fine on my test board :D

Can you try disabling the following plugin for me and let me know if it makes a difference:

Product : Ban Users from Threads -> Reset template hooks for postbit