Resource icon

vBulletin vBulletin 3.8.5 - Moderation Auto-PM v3.0 2014-11-11

No permission to download

AlanCIT

Fan
AlanCIT submitted a new resource:

vBulletin 3.8.5 - Moderation Auto-PM v3.0 - vBulletin 3.8.5 - Moderation Auto-PM v3.0

Introduction

Moderation Auto-PM allows your forum to automatically send a private message to the user when their thread, post or attachment is moderated using the Thread Tools, or Inline Moderation Tools.

It currently has support for Threads, Posts and Attachments, and supports the following actions:
  • Move
  • Delete and Undelete
  • Stick and Unstick
  • Open and Close
  • Approve and Unapprove
  • Edit

It has a full selection of options in the vBulletin AdminCP that...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Dan

Enthusiast
Thank you very much Alan. I've been looking for something like this for quite a while.

I've downloaded the mod but not looked at the install file yet. Is there a way to include the 'edit/deletion' reason that you put in the not the editor itself inside the PM?

Thanks again,
Dan

AlanCIT

Fan
Big Dan said:
Thank you very much Alan. I've been looking for something like this for quite a while.

I've downloaded the mod but not looked at the install file yet. Is there a way to include the 'edit/deletion' reason that you put in the not the editor itself inside the PM?

Thanks again,
Dan

Yep, that is no problem. It is even included by default for deletions :)

You can use a powerful placeholder system within the messages. Any placeholders found in the
message text will be replaced as below:

(Note: the term "item" refers to the Thread, Post or Attachment that is being moderated)
Code:
Placeholder               Replaced With
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{user_id}                 The ID of the user who owns the item
{user_name}               The name of the user who owns the item
{moderator_id}            The ID of the moderator who is changing the item
{moderator_name}          The name of the moderator who is changing the item
{item_id}                 The ID of the item
{item_name}               The name of the item (usually the Thread/Post title)
{source_id}               The ID for the source forum/thread
{source_name}             The name of the source forum/thread
{dest_id}                 The ID for the destination forum/thread (for moves)
{dest_name}               The name of the destination forum/thread (for moves)
[b]{reason}                  The reason the item was deleted[/b]
{homepage_url}            The URL for the websites homepage
{forum_url}               The URL for the forums
{old_title}               The previous thread title (when editing a threads title)

The messages themselves (and the subjects) are all stored as standard phrases so you can edit / translate them as required.

Hope that helps :)

Big Dan

Enthusiast
Yes it helps quite a bit. Thanks Alan. I'll muck around with installing this later this weekend. It will help all the staff keep up with our rule that we send an explanation PM for every edit or deletion. We don't always follow that rule due to time constraints automating the process will be great for both our staff and members. :)

Mikey

mikeylicio.us
If you had a donation link, I'm sure some here would love to support your developing of these plugins ;)

AlanCIT

Fan
Hmm.. you think I could get away with charging a $200 minimum donation? :)

I would never ask for donations though. I write these mods as I love fiddling and learning new things. As sad as it may sound, software development is actually fun for me :)

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Mikey said:
If you had a donation link, I'm sure some here would love to support your developing of these plugins ;)
:)

ArnyVee

Enthusiast
This is one of the many "Alan Specials" that I'll be adding soon on my sites :D

I think the one we will be using is the thread moved one :) Thanks for this great addition, I will be testing soon :D