Resource icon

vBulletin vBulletin 3.8.5 - Confirm Reply to Closed Threads 2014-11-11

No permission to download

AlanCIT

Fan
AlanCIT submitted a new resource:

vBulletin 3.8.5 - Confirm Reply to Closed Threads - vBulletin 3.8.5 - Confirm Reply to Closed Threads

Note: Once again, the idea from this mod was shamelessly stolen from the AdminExtra forum - http://adminextra.com/forum/16960-post15.html - thanks Shawn :)

Introduction
This mod does two things. The first is to remove the Quick Reply box from closed threads. The second is to ask the user to confirm that they do want to reply to a closed thread (ie, your mods, super mods and admins).

The idea is to cut down on staff accidentally replying to closed threads :)...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Another one I can see us installing here LOL

cheat_master30

Fanatic
If I was still using vB, it might be adding this because I've often accidentally replied to closed topics.

MjrNuT

Fan
thanks another great one i know will benefit. I've had an issue with this and it will help greatly.

AlanCIT

Fan
Just a quick note to say that I've updated it to v1.1 - it no longer shows the message to regular users before denying them :giggle:

To upgrade just import the updated Product XML and set "Allow Overwrite" to yes.

Soliloquy-AdEx

Hehe, I just might install this and change the text to "This thread is closed. Are you sure you want to re-open this can of worms?"

AlanCIT

Fan
There where a few "interesting" suggestions along those lines when I was making the mod - I decided on the more subtle message in the end :giggle: