vBSEO discussions

Gibby

Jesus Freak
Speaking from experience, are there any "musts" to improve VB SEO right out of the box?

Also, should I wait until the upgrade to 3.7.0 before getting too wild and crazy with SEO? Thanks!

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
Ya, header tags on show thread + forum display.

MoMagic

Aspirant
VB seo?

The VBulletin seo software is that something that just runs by itself all the time? does it work well?

Mo

cbp

Habitué
no.

but it would be easier if you just check all the other threads on this

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
Are you asking about vBulletin software? or one of the add-ons for additional SEO for vBulletin?

Mosss

Enthusiast
I'm sure that vBulletin SEO must be the same as for thouthand other web sites.
_meta tags
- submitting to the directoires. You need atract visitors not only from SE. "Word of mouth " is the best option for social web sites

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
I'm sure that vBulletin SEO must be the same as for thouthand other web sites.
_meta tags
The only one that matters for SEO is the title tag. The meta description tag is important because it's used as the "snippet" in SE listings. The rest are pretty much a waste of space.

- submitting to the directoires.
Be very selective about directories. They don't help as much as they used to and the majority requiring payment aren't worth it.

rsrikanth05

Ex-TAZ user
vBSEO is great. Have a look at it in action at http://fhq.forumer.com
If you notice, thanks to vBSEO, the thread about funny images in the genral chat are, is a big hit, but then, it is also due to a high PR.

rsrikanth05

Ex-TAZ user

cbp

Habitué

rsrikanth05

Ex-TAZ user
How do you know that? How do you know that the thread would not have ranked just as well withot vBSEO? Having the keyword in the URL carries either no weight or a miniscule weight in the rankings. It used to carry more in the past.
1> The same thread in a non-vbseo forum, with a higher PR, did NOT yield much, and did not turn up in search engines for a long time.
2> You are getting very aggressive towards me.

cbp

Habitué
1> The same thread in a non-vbseo forum, with a higher PR, did NOT yield much, and did not turn up in search engines for a long time.
BUT, that still does not mean it had anything to do with vBSEO. I can think of >100 different reasons for that to happen other than vBSEO, so I ask again, how do you know it was due to vBSEO?
2> You are getting very aggressive towards me.
Nope. You made a claim that you have not substantiated.