[vB] Links in Archive redirect to actual thread

Moncal

Habitué
Does anyone know where I can find the hack that makes it so that the links in the vB archive link to the actual thread instead of an archive of it?

Joe

bikeforums.net
Do you REALLY want to do this? The archive is very well optimized out of the box, much more then showthread, I personaly block spiders to showthread, and feed them my archive pages, so far, so good.

Moncal

Habitué
Google won't index my threads so I was wanting to try this. Google reccomends a site map and the archive would work well as a site map.

Joe

bikeforums.net
Moncal said:
Google won't index my threads so I was wanting to try this.

Could this be a lack of PR issue? It's hard to get a site fully indexed with low PR.

Moncal said:
Google reccomends a site map and the archive would work well as a site map.

This is true, but a site map is not needed if the site has great navigation, and links to all the pages. The archive does this very well.

If you want your search engine referrals to land on the showthread page, make the change, you will probably get alot of new members that way; great way to build your community. If you want to make a buck of your search engine referrals, toss an ad up on the archive, and leave the archive as-is.

Moncal

Habitué
Joe said:
Could this be a lack of PR issue? It's hard to get a site fully indexed with low PR.

This is true, but a site map is not needed if the site has great navigation, and links to all the pages. The archive does this very well.

If you want your search engine referrals to land on the showthread page, make the change, you will probably get alot of new members that way; great way to build your community. If you want to make a buck of your search engine referrals, toss an ad up on the archive, and leave the archive as-is.
My homepage and my forum index both have a PR of 2. This is as far as google will go. MSN and Yahoo have both, for the most part, fully indexed my site.
It would be cool if someone could create a sitemap hack. I've been looking for one and I haven't seen any.

Clasione

Adherent
I would leave your archive as is... It's one of the most powerful features of VB...

The search engines absolutely love the archive...

Moncal

Habitué
Clasione said:
I would leave your archive as is... It's one of the most powerful features of VB...

The search engines absolutely love the archive...
Okay, I've submitted the url to Google. Maybe google will finally decide to index something.

Clasione

Adherent
Get a really powerful inbound like and you'll stuff it down Googlebots throught...

Moncal

Habitué
Clasione said:
Get a really powerful inbound like and you'll stuff it down Googlebots throught...
The high ranking sites in my industry seem to be really stingy with their links...

Joe

bikeforums.net
Moncal said:
The high ranking sites in my industry seem to be really stingy with their links...

Submit your site to directorys, there are dozens of free directorys that would be glad to list your site. You just need to take the time to submit your site.

Start here: http://www.strongestlinks.com/directories.php

Any site should beable to get a PR4 or PR5 from directory links alone. Once you get to that point, deep indexes by google and other SE's will no longer be an issue.

Moncal

Habitué
Joe said:
Submit your site to directorys, there are dozens of free directorys that would be glad to list your site. You just need to take the time to submit your site.

Start here: http://www.strongestlinks.com/directories.php

Any site should beable to get a PR4 or PR5 from directory links alone. Once you get to that point, deep indexes by google and other SE's will no longer be an issue.
Thanks I will do this.