Users active after changing to Xenforo 2

The following charts show the daily users active on two of my Xenforo sites. Red arrows indicate the date that I upgraded from XF1.x to XF 2.x. I'm not sure what to make of the data, but I think it is interesting!

muxf2.pngnikxf2.png

Alpha1

Administrator
It seems that on your sites the activity has decreased a bit since switching to XF2. Did you have any functionality for XF1 that you no longer have on xf2? Especially anything that brings members back to the site (email, PUSH, etc). Or is the layout different than before. For example: not showing subcategories on XF2 is a change that I have seen change on several sites.

zappaDPJ

Does the upgrade log members out? We had this happen recently when we applied an update to a couple of SMF based forums. The update logged everyone out which resulted in a drop in activity. My guess is that some members couldn't log back in and are taking their time to find their login details.

Especially anything that brings members back to the site (email, PUSH, etc).

Good point. We did lose pushover and pushbullet support. Plus at some point I made email opt-in due to GDPR, but that was before Xenforo 2.x.

Does the upgrade log members out? We had this happen recently when we applied an update to a couple of SMF based forums. The update logged everyone out which resulted in a drop in activity. My guess is that some members couldn't log back in and are taking their time to find their login details.

That's another good point. Yes, it logged everyone out.