*URGENT* Coder help needed

Empire

Devotee
This has never happened before on my other sites, but its happening for this one specific site only.

On the wp-login.php page it says
ERROR: Cookies are blocked due to unexpected output. For help, please see this documentation or try the support forums.

And does not allow me to log in. I have reset the password.

I have already checked my cookies are alright. And I can login to my other sites just fine.

The Hosting staff said

"I think the best thing to do would be to contact a developer since it seems like it is a coding issue with this file xml_rpc.class.php"

"
Unfortunately, there is not much i can do do right now, I am not able to login into the wordpress either.
"

Does any cool developer know what to do? THanks.

Jake

Developer
Sounds like something remaining from all of your security issues. Should probably just reupload all of the WordPress files.

Empire

Devotee
Sounds like something remaining from all of your security issues. Should probably just reupload all of the WordPress files.
Yeah all the other sites I cleaned with wordfence. but only this site left.

Wont uploading wordpress files make it lose the data or something? ANd how would I do it through hostgator cpanel? thx

Danielx64

Developer
Yeah all the other sites I cleaned with wordfence. but only this site left.

Wont uploading wordpress files make it lose the data or something? ANd how would I do it through hostgator cpanel? thx
Take a look at: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/reinstall-wordpress-and-not-lose-content/

Try downloading WordPress again and delete then replace your copies of everything except the wp-config.php file and the /wp-content/ directory with fresh copies from the download. This will effectively replace all of your core files without damaging your content and settings. Some uploaders tend to be unreliable when overwriting files, so don’t forget to delete the original files before replacing them.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
As a first step I would FTP into the site and remove the theme assuming you are not using the default.

Empire

Devotee
Ok guys! UPDATE!

Here's the Dilemma!

- Some guy offered 100 dollars to reinstall wordpress, since I cant install my self.
- Contacted Hostgator they said to tell a coding expert.

So my OBJECTIVE, is to get into wp-admin AT LEAST, and clean the cancer up with wordfence. Then I will do professional security team to look at it.

BUT....

First I need to at least get inside the wp-login.php. But i can't due to cookie error mentioned in OP.

Is there any tips to at least let me log inside? Then I can move on from there and continue the fixing.

Thanks.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, if anyone can help me greatly eg. reinstall wordpress or do anything to make it alright by doing some technical magic, you will get a PRIZE (it's good)

awww.clipartkid.com_images_130_there_will_be_many_winners_chec93164b67e09859fbcac3590221a77d3b.gif

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Ok guys! UPDATE!

Here's the Dilemma!

- Some guy offered 100 dollars to reinstall wordpress, since I cant install my self.

So my OBJECTIVE, is to get into wp-admin AT LEAST, and clean the cancer up with wordfence. Then I will do professional security team to look at it.

BUT....

First I need to at least get inside the wp-login.php. But i can't due to cookie error mentioned in OP.

Is there any tips to at least let me log inside? Then I can move on from there and continue the fixing.

Thanks.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, if anyone can help me greatly eg. reinstall wordpress or do anything to make it alright by doing some technical magic, you will get a PRIZE (it's good)

View attachment 44617
Have you tried temporarily renaming your plugins folder [wp-content/plugins]. Once you rename the folder - you may be able to access the admin panel... Once in the admin panel, your plugins will all be inactive. You can then try enabling them one at a time to see if one of the plugins may be the culprit.

Also - have you checked your wp-config.php file?
Open it and double-check to see if there any spaces at the very beginning or very bottom of the content. If there is a space or spaces delete them. Save the file and re-upload. See if that helps...

HTH,

J.

Jake

Developer
Ok guys! UPDATE!

Here's the Dilemma!

BUT....

Thanks.

View attachment 44617

Send me a pm with administration and ftp details and I'll look for you

Empire

Devotee
It's all fixed now, thanks for everyones help and replies.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
It's all fixed now, thanks for everyones help and replies.
What'd you do to fix the issue?
Share the fix - it may help someone else that has a similar or same issue.

J.

Empire

Devotee
What'd you do to fix the issue?
Share the fix - it may help someone else that has a similar or same issue.

J.
Outsourced to someone for $5, i just went in wordpress and saw they installed wordfence and evertyhing correctly so i was happy. Now will get the whole server checked aswell for hidden malware.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
And please, be a 1/2 way adequate WordPress site owner and keep your script and add-ons updated now. You've found how 1 issue can cascade into many others.

Empire

Devotee
I have transferred to a new host, they said:
Please note, that simply removing the malware is not the permanent solution since that does not fix the security hole itself.

We'd recommend you to check this matter with the helpdesk of the company-developer of the software you are running, or if there is no support available search in the web for information regarding the same issue (being hacked) with the same software (CMS, themes, plugins, modules, components) you are using and take measures accordingly, presumably this is a typical issue and there should be a solution in professional community discussions and knowledgebases. Also, we are requesting removal of anything that is not used, and updating everything that is out of date. Finally, don't forget to update all passwords.

We advise you or your web developer to review and remove/fix ones which cause this problem.

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance and let us know how else we can help.

Anyone who can help? Or edit the malware files? Most sites have wordfence, but its not doing enough.

THanks,

Jake

Developer
I have transferred to a new host, they said:

Anyone who can help? Or edit the malware files? Most sites have wordfence, but its not doing enough.

THanks,

Keep everything updated.

Empire

Devotee
Found 2 helpful guys, who are working on it. They are doing good job so far.

Installed wordfence on every single site now!

This is how I feel:

acdn.meme.am_instances_23578150.jpg

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Don't be like that.. because secure today, wide open tomorrow. WordPress is a never ending battle to keep updated. You MUST religiously keep up with it... otherwise, just shut the site(s) down.