Upgrading TAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jura

Devotee
TAZ will have to keep making new custom skins if they go IPB.

IcEWoLF

Habitué
XenForo is far superior than IPB when it comes down to forum software with the exception of no CMS for XF atm.

Look at the IPB Plugin/Addon community, it looks weak and I don't see that improving.
The XF Plugins/Addons community is booming, and it will keep growing and eventually surpass vb.org.

IPS Marketplace looks horrendous, a simple XF Mod like Resources makes IPS Marketplace look like a minor league product. It's just not comparable.

Performance wise, XF is king, it just loads much faster than the current version of IPB.

I use XF and I am enjoying my site everyday, and my community has been thriving and user activity level shot up, I don't believe we would have had the same results if we chose IPB over XF.

PaulKet

Habitué
XenForo sucks. It will be a shame to see this place running on that awful script.
I used to think that XF sucked too but have since changed my mind and purchased a license. There is no way in h&ll I would ever go back to using any version of vB now :) I can't wait to see TAZ running that awesome script :D

My second choice for TAZ if were in charge of making the decision would be IPS.

Jura

Devotee
Someone going to lighten up all the Javascript junk XF has?

Nogitsune

Unleash The Beast....
XenForo sucks. It will be a shame to see this place running on that awful script.
LOL I wouldn't say it sucks. I actually like it...it's my 2nd favorite software.

But you may as well get used to seeing TAZ on XF lol

Alfa1

Administrator
This will be interesting to see. TAZ goes from 2006 to 2014.

Mark.B

Tazmanian
This will be interesting to see. TAZ goes from 2006 to 2014.
If we are to apply similar criteria to that which people seem to try and apply to other scripts, then technically TAZ are about to go from 2006 to 2010, unless XenForo has had a complete rewrite since then.

Nogitsune

Unleash The Beast....
If we are to apply similar criteria to that which people seem to try and apply to other scripts, then technically TAZ are about to go from 2006 to 2010, unless XenForo has had a complete rewrite since then.
LOL...Mark's post do always amuse me :D

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
I am perfectly ok with Xenforo. I am not sure why all these high emotions are arosed.

Mark.B

Tazmanian
I am perfectly ok with Xenforo. I am not sure why all these high emotions are arosed.
I'm ok with it too, I'm just not its greatest fan, if I'm honest. Then again, I'm not Invision's greatest fan either (and never have been).

The only forum software that would have made me abandon TAZ would have been SMF..... :-|

Warwick

Enthusiast
Because XenForo is one of the worst scripts ever. You can't even type in the post box with Opera on XenForo forums, and it lacks so many things that IPB and vBulletin have.

So sad to see TAZ go... :(

Mark.B

Tazmanian
Because XenForo is one of the worst scripts ever. You can't even type in the post box with Opera on XenForo forums
I keep reading this, but I can use Admin Extra in Opera....it doesn't cause any issues.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Warwick might be talking about an experience before they changed the XF editor to Redactor?

Scott

marcgo15

Adherent
Because XenForo is one of the worst scripts ever. You can't even type in the post box with Opera on XenForo forums, and it lacks so many things that IPB and vBulletin have.

So sad to see TAZ go... :(
I've never had this problem. Have you reported this to them?

GTB

Tazmanian
So you're starting the conversion in 3 days time on 5th. XenForo here we come...

Status
Not open for further replies.