Tumblr vs. Wordpress...you choose!!

c0ns

Aspirant
If you want to get more exposure WordPress is the better option due to the search results. And Tumblr is lacking in the communication with viewers, but it is still okay I guess.

WPer

Neophyte
Tons of free plugins and themes are available to WordPress users. So I run my blog on WordPress.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
its where you can have a free site but only if you do not offend anyone and are happy to play identity politics.

overcast

Adherent
If you have business then avoid Tumblr as it has lot of SJWs and the people who attack quickly on brands. I'd recommend wordpress and also turning off comments if doing the business blogs.

1claire

Aspirant
Both WordPress and Tumblr are great blogging platforms. It just depends on what kind of blog are you going for, and what are your plans for the future of your site.

If you all you want is a platform where you get to express yourself through text and multimedia, you will love Tumblr. It is simple, easy to understand and completely free. It will allow you to focus on the writing; it won’t be necessary to think about maintenance or the speed of your site, for example. And you will still get to customize it to a certain point, without having any technical knowledge.

But on the other hand, WordPress offers much, much more. With the self-hosted version, you can create much more than a simple blog. Although a bit harder to understand than Tumblr, WordPress is, as well, beginner-friendly. Since there are numberless online tutorials and resources that can help you, it won’t be that hard to build a site on your own. With it, you will be able to expand your blog into anything you want – from a simple site to an entire eCommerce system if you want. And thousands of themes and plugins will help you achieve what you have in mind. Still, you can always customize the site to detail because WordPress allows complete modifications.

overcast

Adherent
Considering Tumblr is part of Yahoo. I think tumblr may shut down any year randomly with excuse of funding or so. I don't think people should host business blogs there.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Self-hosted Wordpress over all others. Or pay a Wordpress centric host to handle updates and anything you need for an added cost, and the ability to do whatever you want. Good ones with history exist.

overcast

Adherent
Self hosted WP is always better. In fact it can save a lot of headache due to the other hosted platforms cause.