Tumblr vs. Wordpress...you choose!!

Shine Pham

Aspirant
i use Wordpress. i think it easy and friendly. I will try Tumblr after read this threat :D

Alundra

SMF Friend
If Tumblr came as a stand alone install I'd run away from Wordpress in a split second!
Why? You can get plugins and themes that look EXACTLY like it. In fact I use one and I think it's even called Tumblr or something like it lol.

totaltutankoll

Aspirant
Why? You can get plugins and themes that look EXACTLY like it. In fact I use one and I think it's even called Tumblr or something like it lol.
Very simple the user interface in the Tumblr app is absolutely brill compared to trying to post anything mobile to Wordpress ;)

shadowdev

Aspirant
Very simple the user interface in the Tumblr app is absolutely brill compared to trying to post anything mobile to Wordpress ;)
There is tons of applications that sync with wordpress. The fact is that is' more powerful when it comes down to functionality. If you don't need that, then who cares.

Spiralcannon2-CW

Participant
Tumblr has an absolutely awful reputation because the amount of Nazi Feminists on it I believe and other general idiots without right life?
Sure, there's wanting equality but some take it to extremely much too level on my terms :(

Self hosting of b2evolution or wordpress any day please.

Jonathan73

Aspirant
I found Wordpress to be very simple and user friendly compared to other website making platforms out there.

PeterH

Participant
I haven't used tumblr before, about wordpress it is easy and friendly as I know.

Paul M

Limeade Addict
Tumblr is software ? I thought it was just a site. :X3:

I have set up WP once in the past (for work) and found it easy to set-up and use.

(However, that was 10 years ago now, so its probably quite different now).

Soulwatcher

Devotee
I use wordpress on both of my websites. It's easy to use and make writing articles very easy. :)

Blueh

Aspirant
tumblr was nice 2 or 3 years ago, many people used it for their websites and many designers made amazing themes, but now tumblr wants everyone to use its app and wants everything happen inside the tumblr site because they get money showing ads. For that reason, you can't delete that message "Open in the Tumblr app", for same reason there are fewer and fewer premium themes (look at themeforest).

anyway, tumblr is an excellent choice for search beautiful images and funny gifs, but isn't good for make websites, not anymore.

TheVapeFinder

Aspirant
Running a Wordpress powered website, the possibilities are endless with all its current available plugins, themes and build in features.

Even the most inept user can run a wordpress website, they make it incredibly easy these days.

radu81

Fan
Never used WordPress or Tumblr, but if I need to start a blog I'll go with GRAV CMS ( https://getgrav.org) otherwise the old and good Joomla which I use since 1.0 version and it's easier for me to use it, instead starring from 0 with wp

Julie Encabo

Participant
Wordpress is better since it is Search Engine Optimization friendly while Tumblr is more of a social media network rather than a blog publishing platform and it can be used to find visitors and build an audience for your main blog.

selfdecagon

Neophyte
Almost everyone I know uses Wordpress to start a blog. I use Tumblr. Am I out of the loop?
Hi there, tumblr is okay for a blog platform but I would suggest that you use WordPress. Firstly, because it is a publishing platform. It is also way better because it lets you fully customize your blog. WordPress gives you freedom and flexibility. I, myself started my first self-improvement WordPress blog way back 2011 and it is still growing. You can check it out if you like to: https://ponbee.com
Good luck blogging!