Trustworthy person to develop a new phpBB style?

Cromulent

Enthusiast
I don't have the time or the skill to develop a decent looking phpBB skin for a new forum I want to start up. I have found a free style that I like the look of but it would need a few tweaks to make it suitable for the forum I want to start up.

Does anyone know of a person who I could contact regarding this and roughly how much they charge for their services? I don't need a lot of work done just a few tweaks to an existing phpBB skin so I'd like to keep costs down as much as possible as I am not sure if the forum will be successful or not.

Any help is appreciated :).

Edit: This is for a phpBB 3.1 forum and I would need to have the person update the style if a new version is released that breaks previous styles.

KeVo

Enthusiast
I don't have the time or the skill to develop a decent looking phpBB skin for a new forum I want to start up. I have found a free style that I like the look of but it would need a few tweaks to make it suitable for the forum I want to start up.

Does anyone know of a person who I could contact regarding this and roughly how much they charge for their services? I don't need a lot of work done just a few tweaks to an existing phpBB skin so I'd like to keep costs down as much as possible as I am not sure if the forum will be successful or not.

Any help is appreciated :).

Edit: This is for a phpBB 3.1 forum and I would need to have the person update the style if a new version is released that breaks previous styles.
I think Arty does phpBB themes. You can contact him here or on his service site. :)

Cromulent

Enthusiast
I think Arty does phpBB themes. You can contact him here or on his service site. :)

I sent him an email on his support site but he hasn't got back to me. Do you know of anyone else? I'm quite keen to move this project forward but I can't afford to use Xenforo at the moment otherwise I'd use one of the style designers for that forum software.

salem

Adherent
If you've already got the base style it really doesn't take much to tweak it especially if it's 3.1 ,
as for updates use a child style i.e. if you've just changed a stylesheet then that's all that goes in your renamed style as it should be set to inherit from the base style (needs to be in the style folder) meaning that updates will hardly affect the tweaked style unless the particular stylesheet has been updated .

https://www.phpbb.com/styles/create/

Last edited:

KeVo

Enthusiast
I sent him an email on his support site but he hasn't got back to me. Do you know of anyone else? I'm quite keen to move this project forward but I can't afford to use Xenforo at the moment otherwise I'd use one of the style designers for that forum software.
It seems that Mike Creuzer and Jake B. of Audentio might be able to service phpBB as well.

Their services site is https://www.audentio.com/services/

Cromulent

Enthusiast
It seems that Mike Creuzer and Jake B. of Audentio might be able to service phpBB as well.

Their services site is https://www.audentio.com/services/

Thanks. I'll get in contact.

I've actually been thinking about whether it would be a better idea in the long run to go with Xenforo as well. I've contacted a designer for Xenforo themes and am waiting to hear back to see how expensive the work will be. I guess I can get some quotes from multiple people and then see how much it is going to cost me all things considered.

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
Thanks. I'll get in contact.

I've actually been thinking about whether it would be a better idea in the long run to go with Xenforo as well. I've contacted a designer for Xenforo themes and am waiting to hear back to see how expensive the work will be. I guess I can get some quotes from multiple people and then see how much it is going to cost me all things considered.

You should contact Steve, him and Russ run PixelExit, they did the design on here.