TrixieTang/Kotonoha AMA

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Hi, I'm TrixieTang a.k.a. Kotonoha a.k.a. Erika a.k.a. That Escaped Mental Patient That Was A TAZ Admin For Like Five Years.

I started my first—and so far only—forum back in early 2007 when I was 18, it was a small Anime/Hentai forum that I ultimately shut down around 2011. I joined TAZ on Star Wars Day in 2007 and ended up sticking around for years despite not even owning a forum for over half my time here – probably because you all needed a janitor to clean up the spambots' crap. :p

I had, and still do have, an idea of a site/forum that I want to make, but the state of forum software in general and the events of The Great vB War ended up making it clear to me that I'm probably never going to be satisfied with entrusting my site or its future to any existing forum software.

Ask Me Anything and maybe I'll answer it.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
How many people have you threatened to gut slowly because they spell your name wrong?

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
How many people have you threatened to gut slowly because they spell your name wrong?

I don't think I've ever gone that far, but I did have a member on my forum who said he was going to cut me open and stuff a pig fetus in me or something to that effect.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I don't think I've ever gone that far, but I did have a member on my forum who said he was going to cut me open and stuff a pig fetus in me or something to that effect.
What did he feel you'd done to deserve that?

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
What did he feel you'd done to deserve that?

I honestly don't remember the context of it, but I think it was said with love I'm sure it wasn't actually a threat. He was a huge troll and I heard that he once teabagged a guy at an anime convention (although the guy literally asked him to do it).

He also started a thread where he posted some Gore Grind music vids that have have over-the-top lyrics (that you can't even understand because they're groaned into the mic) that are made purely to be disgusting and controversial. The one song he started it off with was... ahem... "Torsof**k - Raped by Elephants" about someone who goes on a trip to Africa and... well, I'm sure you can guess what happens next. I've since discovered that there's actually a "spoken word" version of that song that was made by a YouTuber called "MetalOutlawTV" that makes it even more ridiculous by combining the lyrics with Masterpiece Theatre style narration.

Yes, I ran a strange forum back then.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I may need to rename this to the “Ask me anything you *really* want to know” forum. :eek:
Not sure that would be wise :whistle: There are things I really want to know that, right now, I'm not asking because.... well... do you really want to know?

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Not sure that would be wise :whistle: There are things I really want to know that, right now, I'm not asking because.... well... do you really want to know?

Yes, we really want to know.

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Favourite TAZ memory?

Not gonna lie, when I joined back in 2007 up until around 2013 I had a lot of issues that included depression among other things. Those are mostly years that I try to forget about. And I've only been around on and off since about 2014.

So... I really don't know if I really have a favorite memory, but I will say that that time that we finally tricked Howard into giving a pseudo-interview was pretty great.

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
Are you able to make a good Sammich?

Why don't you make me a sammich?

Why did you shut down your forum ?

Activity dropped to almost nothing, spambots were taking over, I was losing interest in the site due to the direction it had taken and I just didn't feel like it was worth it to keep it going. Also a lot of crap happened on the site that I can't say I'm proud of looking back - my intention was to leave all that stuff behind and start over fresh when I was ready to.

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't one of the reasons that I eventually changed my username here on TAZ too.

haqzore

Devotee
#1 - If you HAD to start a forum, TODAY, and have the shell/user groups/etc setup within 24 hours... Which script would you pick?

#2 - if you could magically 'have' all the free time to spend accomplishing 1 goal by 12/31/18 - what would that goal be? (not necessarily online/forum related, though can be)

TrixieTang

Custom Usertitle
#1 - If you HAD to start a forum, TODAY, and have the shell/user groups/etc setup within 24 hours... Which script would you pick?

What would happen if I didn't do it? Yellowstone super-volcano eruption?

XenForo or WoltLab would be my top picks at this point, but...

#2 - if you could magically 'have' all the free time to spend accomplishing 1 goal by 12/31/18 - what would that goal be? (not necessarily online/forum related, though can be)

Make my own forum software and get it to a point where it's working and relatively bug-free.