Top 5 SEO tips

habibpkck

Neophyte
My Top 5 SEO Tips

I am by no way an authority on SEO, but I have been dabbling in websites for a few years now and am learing what works and what does not when it comes to SEO. The below are my top 5 tips on SEO, for which I feel have helped my websites the most.

1. Content Content and more Content:
Fresh unique content is king. I built some webpages and then never updated them or changed them and focused on building links. Once I realized my site traffic was droppinbg off I begun to update the content once again and the site traffic returned. Linkbuilding is important, but so is fresh content, especially for a new website or in a highly compeitive market.

2. Link Building
You write all you want and keep it fresh, but you need links to get traffic there. Link exchanges are the best. Its my recommendion to build a "feeder" site or two from a different IP address and exchange links from those sites. Pay special attention to building links within your industry. A link from a car dealership when you are selling SEO doesnt help as mush as a link from an SEO website.

3. Meta Tag Optimizartion
Make sure your Meta Tags are optimized. There are all kinds of free seo tools out there do this. In fact you can find them on the forum right here. Keep your tags short and simple and pick a few keywords to optimize. This is an easy and quick way to increase search results for your site.

4. Forum Posting
If your here your doing the right thing. Forum posting is a great way to build backlinks, and you just might learn something as well. I post at 5 or 6 different forums a few times a week. Most forums relate to my industry.

5. Blogs
Google loves Blogs. I recommend you build a blog on your website. This is an easy way to add fresh content to your website and is also a way to build good internal links. I also Blog from outside my website (you can use wordpress or blogger) which lets me gain good backlinks from my own postings.

I hope these help!

SupNY

Aspirant
I very recently learnt the great value of having a blog page within your website, fresh content on a blog is like what bananas are to Banana Man :)

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
1. Content Content and more Content:
Fresh unique content is king. I built some webpages and then never updated them or changed them and focused on building links. Once I realized my site traffic was droppinbg off I begun to update the content once again and the site traffic returned. Linkbuilding is important, but so is fresh content, especially for a new website or in a highly compeitive market.

2. Link Building
You write all you want and keep it fresh, but you need links to get traffic there. Link exchanges are the best. Its my recommendion to build a "feeder" site or two from a different IP address and exchange links from those sites. Pay special attention to building links within your industry. A link from a car dealership when you are selling SEO doesnt help as mush as a link from an SEO website.

Make sure your Meta Tags are optimized. There are all kinds of free seo tools out there do this. In fact you can find them on the forum right here. Keep your tags short and simple and pick a few keywords to optimize. This is an easy and quick way to increase search results for your site.

Great tips - I can't stress this one enough - Content is everything on the web - and the more you supply, and the more you build links, the better off you are in the long run.

Also unique content tends to get a community rolling - articles, interviews, and tips that other forums don't have - you have to be unique, and try things on your community that others don't.

"Top seo tips" should really be "How can I have SEO success?", Will links help me out? Can Twitter and Facebook help me leverage my SEO?

See this: http://www.webseoanalytics.com/blog/twitter-facebook-links-affect-seo-on-google-and-bing/

Moreover search engines are expected to use Social Media buzz to determine:
How fresh a particular post is
If an page is still useful/valid/up-to-date
What are the current trends
Which terms are related to the particular post. They are likely to use the keywords and the hash tags that can be found in the content of the shared messages.
The theme or the topic of expertise of each Author. Users that tend to post high quality messages about a particular topic are likely to be considered as experts. Bing already uses this feature by recommending users on Twitter.

TheChiro

Devotee
Not sure if meta tags are of much importance anymore. From my personal findings, I've noticed title tags and h1/h2 tags are very important. I'll see the title and h tags show up in search research before meta's will.

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
Not sure if meta tags are of much importance anymore. From my personal findings, I've noticed title tags and h1/h2 tags are very important. I'll see the title and h tags show up in search research before meta's will.

The only thing important about meta tags = the meta description and the meta "keywords" tag is useless.

TheChiro

Devotee
I honestly don't know what importance the description even is. Start looking at most results in google, go to those sites and see where google pulled the description from that you saw in the results. I know at least with mine, it's never my meta description.

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
I honestly don't know what importance the description even is. Start looking at most results in google, go to those sites and see where google pulled the description from that you saw in the results. I know at least with mine, it's never my meta description.

Well, the meta description has always been important - search engines also use it to base the results if they can't base it around the content - it tells the search engines what the page is all about, before it reads the content.

See this http://www.searchenginejournal.com/...systems-–-seo-and-social-media-factors/28579/

How Meta Descriptions are used on Search Engines and Social Media Websites
1. While not a ranking factor, the meta description is still important in organic searches as the search engines use this in the ‘snippet’ that appears below the title in search results. The more relevant and enticing this snippet is, the more likely you are to get users to click on the listing.

Read more: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/...and-social-media-factors/28579/#ixzz1HBkB3sP4
Its not a a ranking factor, but its still very helpful. I know I get a lot of organic results coming in based around the meta description, and content on site.

Wouldnt you prefer to see a good description on the results page than something that doesn't really relate to the keyword - thanks to the ranking factor of content?

I know a good description usually generates more clicks when people search for keywords and your site comes up.

TheChiro

Devotee
I just rarely have seen, especially for my site, the meta description show up in the SERPs unless I used the exact keyword looking for a site, i.e. "XenForo". But it's something worth re-looking into now lol Thanks!

SupNY

Aspirant
Pretty good tips son, at least they have an explanation under them rather than the little bullet lists I usually read :)

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
I just rarely have seen, especially for my site, the meta description show up in the SERPs unless I used the exact keyword looking for a site, i.e. "XenForo". But it's something worth re-looking into now lol Thanks!

You're very welcome. Let me know the results of these changes.

bluesky

Adherent
Yes contents are getting more and more importance these days and no wonder most regularly updated websites, powered by quality links are truly enjoying top ranks and stats in their niches. Of course quality and uniqueness of contents added too would be extremely important because simply using copied materials won't do any good.

One point that is of paramount importance is keeping up the good work and continuing the standard procedures for a long time before ranks are established. For example, if you are going to add contents to your website, try doing that constantly and not just updating a page today and forgetting about future updates because trends and web records are saying a lot these days.

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
Yes contents are getting more and more importance these days and no wonder most regularly updated websites, powered by quality links are truly enjoying top ranks and stats in their niches. Of course quality and uniqueness of contents added too would be extremely important because simply using copied materials won't do any good.

One point that is of paramount importance is keeping up the good work and continuing the standard procedures for a long time before ranks are established. For example, if you are going to add contents to your website, try doing that constantly and not just updating a page today and forgetting about future updates because trends and web records are saying a lot these days.

Exactly..
Without quality content - and link bait articles, your SEO won't be good.

Peetr

Aspirant
Content is wonderful blah blah blah – but unless you’re getting eyeballs in front of it all the posts in the world won’t matter a fig. That means backlinks. Moreover that means relevant backlinks. Render your posts as to the stamen of a flower to a bee and watch the traffic cometh.

ecomcompany

Aspirant
Nice tips, content is the king of websites its can increase your website traffics and then link building is best way to increasing quality back links in short period. thanks for your tips and its really helpful to seo peoples.

sherimiller

Neophyte
To increase the level of traffic only option then is better than I prefer as social networking site that helps generate the high level of traffic. You can make the various communities in the appropriate category and promote their products and services. Another thing is that the use of the network can only increase the traffic does not get back links.

web99

Neophyte
When you start to build a website, fresh content and on-page are importance. But link building is importance to get Google Top.

nuper17

Aspirant

are you sure that meta tags are still important? One of Google's (i forgot the link) executives have already specified that Google's algorithm are not giving much more importance to meta tags. Meta tags must not be your main priority when optimizing a site.:unhunh:

9KS2K

Aspirant
I'm working on implementing some of these tips and the blog has definitely helped my traffic increase.