Threadloom Search now running on TAZ

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
No. I was hoping you'd say yes. The sound, more like a guitar pluck, came up when I got the alert notification. Does the site use PUSH alerts?
It does, via two different routes. Sounds like you have our mobile app turned on - I'm guessing it's that.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
It does, via two different routes. Sounds like you have our mobile app turned on - I'm guessing it's that.
Never connected my phone to my account. Or the pushover. Firefox released alerts earlier in the year, but I'm not sure if it's that or an extension I have running.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
Never connected my phone to my account. Or the pushover. Firefox released alerts earlier in the year, but I'm not sure if it's that or an extension I have running.
But did you install the TAZ mobile app?

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
No, a shout in the shoutbox, if you were on the index page and have it enabled.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Might be that. The last message was nearly an hour ago. But if the sound doesn't play until you activate the tab, then it's likely it was that.

Edit: It was that.

Last edited:

zappaDPJ

The sound, more like a guitar pluck, came up when I got the alert notification.

It took me the best part of a week to work out where that sound was coming from and I'm fairly sure it is the chat box.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
If you search via member name:-
search.png

Then click on the username in the search results - expected result would be for the membercard to open. That isn't what happens, it starts a search (again) for the username.

Threadloom

Administrator
Any chance of providing TL searches on a checkbox check, Howard? I get the feeling people will be irritated having to go to the full search page just to find something.

My personal preference is that "Search this forum only" be unchecked by default (even when browsing a thread inside a node), but we started conservatively by respecting default XF convention in the search dropdown.
If you search via member name:-
View attachment 43023

Then click on the username in the search results - expected result would be for the membercard to open. That isn't what happens, it starts a search (again) for the username.

Thanks, Lisa. This is helpful. Currently, the username click target is a requery for posts by that user. We're planning to add in a link at the top of the search results page that goes to the user profile page. Let me know if that would be helpful (vs. changing all the username links to the profile page).

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
The search is good but what i would have expected by an external search add-on that it would merge searches so that you do not see duplicates from the same thread.