Threadloom Search now running on TAZ

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Is Threadloom the new kid on the block. The one that kicks ElasticSearch's, Sphinx's and mySQL full-text's butt?

Drastic

Habitué
Threadloom search is now running live on TAZ. Run a couple of searches and check it out! :)

I only posted that fish because it looks hilarious.

Not because I think something is fishy!

Can we get a happy fish??!!

Search results look cool. I like that it shows the list on the left sidebar.

The results are definitely more clean looking than typical XF search results.

Last edited:

Maddox

Habitué
I'm a little perplexed - is this part of Threadloom and if it is why does is say 'no matches' (highlighted in yellow) when clearly the word 'threadloom' is mentioned in several places? It could be both misleading and confusing to someone who is unfamiliar with searching.

Untitled-1.jpg

;)

Maddox

Habitué
Using standard search for Pokemon reveals 7 pages of results - weird!

:confused:

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
I'm a little perplexed - is this part of Threadloom and if it is why does is say 'no matches' (highlighted in yellow) when clearly the word 'threadloom' is mentioned in several places? It could be both misleading and confusing to someone who is unfamiliar with searching.
See if this is better now - I changed the settings on the Elastic Search Essentials add-on. If not, I'll just disable that feature.

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
Threadloom search is only active on simple searches (i.e. searches where you put in your search term(s) in this box):

upload_2016-8-21_9-7-59.png

You can get our standard search results (on TAZ that's XenForo Enhanced Search plus the Elastic Search Essentials add-on) by going to the Advanced Search screen (i.e. click the red magnifying glass icon on the left of the standard search box):

upload_2016-8-21_9-7-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-21_9-4-39.png
    upload_2016-8-21_9-4-39.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 4

Xon

Developer

View attachment 42961

;)
The "no matches" is from my ElasticSearch Essentials add-on. The Sandman might need to re-index threads for it, the notifications that you need to re-index on install are a little buggy. It is on my todo list to look into, this todo list is very long :(

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Any chance of providing TL searches on a checkbox check, Howard? I get the feeling people will be irritated having to go to the full search page just to find something.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
I ran two searches yesterday. Basic words, and it didn't find anything. I just ran a search on "chicken" and it popped up no results on the little window and when I hit the return key, I got what might be results but I'm not sure.

The Sandman

Administrator
I ran two searches yesterday. Basic words, and it didn't find anything. I just ran a search on "chicken" and it popped up no results on the little window and when I hit the return key, I got what might be results but I'm not sure.
Did you uncheck the "Search this forum only" box?

The Sandman

Administrator
No. Now I do get results when hitting the return key but nothing on the instant search. "No Match."
You mean the auto-complete? That's not Threadloom, that's Elastic Search Essentials.and it's acting up. I'm gonna disable it for now until Xon1 has a chance to look at it. I already rebuilt the search index and tried changing the options several times.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Oh alright. Never mind then. I don't use the site enough or any forum these days to keep up with what's standard and what's not. By the way, did you install a beeping mod for alerts?

The Sandman

Administrator
Oh alright. Never mind then. I don't use the site enough or any forum these days to keep up with what's standard and what's not. By the way, did you install a beeping mod for alerts?
No, would you like one?