Feedback Thread closing/ Moderation

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa

Danielx64

Developer
I am also wondering the same thing as well, the one about brussels was peaceful and the other topic I wanted to reply to BirdOPrey5 saying that I emailed sales and awaiting a reply.

Steve

Fanatic
Well what is seen now isn't what got those closed. Really not much else to say, we've talked about such topics many times in the last 6 months or so They just cause a lot of work to moderate and just pit users against each other that normally would have not been the case if it weren't for these types of discussions.

VICE

tool
I think the new rule has nothing to do with being peaceful.

Mr. V stated;

From now on, all political/racial/religious topics are prohibited and such threads will be closed and/or removed immediately.

Though Scotty's thread is kinda confusing.
I was wondering as well why it was closed.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
So, in other words, I was pretty close about the new rule.

I'd like to request the vB.com site down thread be re-opened. I also have news I wanted to post in it.

Edit: but it's not the best news that can come out of it. Hahaha.....:D

Scott

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I had a post in VICE's thread chopped to pieces yesterday... Not deleted mind you - but edited, the main point I was making slightly nipped out of the post.
So I posted in the help desk in-part:

PoetJC said:
My post should NOT have been deleted imo. It was in context to the conversation. I mean seriously! If you're going to allow the conversation - then you should allow the COMPLETE conversation instead of selectively editing folks' posts!

Bad moderation in my opinion guys.

J.

I also asked:
PoetJC said:
Oh! Or all posts that venture towards what some could call political debate simply being deleted and/or selectively edited?

J.

No response as of yet. But honesty - I suppose there will be no response, as the moderator who edited the post said that I had a politically driven agenda. Although I had no political agenda in the actual edited posted - I can see how it could be viewed as such. But it WAS in context to the conversation at hand. It should be noted that the thread in question was closed by Howard with the note:

Had you posted this thread without this final sentence, it might have remained open.

All I can say is ==> Good luck with moderation consistency.
AND so much for the 'left' having the loudest voice LOL

J.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
I must have missed the rule change- can anyone point me to it? (The one about politics/religion not being allowed anymore.)

AND so much for the 'left' having the loudest voice LOL

Are you trying to get this thread closed now? ;)

VICE

tool
To be fair, differentiating political and normal posts can be difficult for some people and thus we see Scotty getting confused by the Belgium thread. In fact, there is nothing confusing about the thread at all. Post #26 was advocating at minimum war crime and possibly crime against humanity (ethnic cleansing/genocide) reminiscent of collective punishment which is illegal under international law. Such reprehensible commentary, even though presented in a "peaceful" manner warrant nothing less than strong admonishment as such any reply when posted will subsequently be deleted. Therefore, the only logical option left is just to report it.

The case of vb.com thread on the other hand is quite unique, in a sense I think it is the result of a misunderstanding. While Tracy did mentioned the words Politically incorrect, the real application of the words actually has nothing to do with what we generally consider political (society, government, country), rather it was a mundane and benign shot at IB hierarchical structure.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
VICE We are in the process of discussing an update to the rules regarding political threads.

I don't know about your thread, s.molinari, I'll take a look into it and get back to you.

PoetJC I will have a look at the thread you posted in the Account Help Desk and get back to you as well.

Solidus

Stupid machines!
Meh, "too much moderation" is a lame excuse for making rules like that. You lose a lot of potentially great discussion.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Meh, "too much moderation" is a lame excuse for making rules like that. You lose a lot of potentially great discussion.
We're an admin forum, not a political debates forum.

Solidus

Stupid machines!
We're an admin forum, not a political debates forum.

Then what's the point of chit chat and even the inner circle? You're pretty much telling us to find somewhere else for these discussions.
Idk about others, but having a civil discussion on these topics isn't difficult.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Then what's the point of chit chat and even the inner circle? You're pretty much telling us to find somewhere else for these discussions.
Idk about others, but having a civil discussion on these topics isn't difficult.
Haave you read the debates here? It apparently really is too difficult for them to stay civil. And since that's the case, we will moderate them as needed.

VICE

tool
Haave you read the debates here? It apparently really is too difficult for them to stay civil. And since that's the case, we will moderate them as needed.
I sincerely welcome a return back to the old system which is what I advocated in my suggestion thread.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
I sincerely welcome a return back to the old system which is what I advocated in my suggestion thread.
What, in your opinion, is the old system? I've not been keeping up with things the last couple of weeks due to some offline stuff, so you'll have to bear with me while I catch up.