Thoughts on a WP customization.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Obviously using a premade template - but have customized it to my liking.
What do you guys think of https://jacquiidesigns.com/wordpress/carrier4/

It's obviously a work-in-progress of sorts. But just would like to receive some feedback about the progress. I'll appreciate all constructive criticism and feedback. Thanks!

J.

Hauyser

illiterate.
It's not that bad! Always been a fan of boxed width sites however, but it's still pretty neat.

PoetJC

It's not that bad!

SMDH.. Ugh. The client had negative feedback and I edited the original design to accommodate his ... quite vague needs LOL
So... Honestly. Is it bad? :(

J.

Starskull

Enthusiast
I thought it was pretty spiffy. Maybe to much overkill lol. Great designing though J. Wish I had those skills.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
It looks okay to me, though I am about as good with graphics design as a rock.

That said, I suspect the 'move up' effect you have with the different parts of the site might get a tad annoying for some people. It's a neat enough effect, but given that it plays out every time the site is loaded, I can certainly seeing it get old after the third or so visit.

So yeah, maybe try and make it so the transitions there only load on the first visit or something.

Hauyser

illiterate.
SMDH.. Ugh. The client had negative feedback and I edited the original design to accommodate his ... quite vague needs LOL
So... Honestly. Is it bad? :(

J.

If someone gave you really vague requirements, then they should gtfo.

PoetJC

I thought it was pretty spiffy. Maybe to much overkill lol. Great designing though J. Wish I had those skills.
Thanks. Agree with the overkill actually... But it is what it is :p

It looks okay to me, though I am about as good with graphics design as a rock.

That said, I suspect the 'move up' effect you have with the different parts of the site might get a tad annoying for some people. It's a neat enough effect, but given that it plays out every time the site is loaded, I can certainly seeing it get old after the third or so visit.

So yeah, maybe try and make it so the transitions there only load on the first visit or something.
I most certainly agree. Nice effect on first load but on second and third...? Not so much.
I'm thinking to myself actually ==> Away with 99% of the animations. Cute. But not so cute. ARG!!! and Doh!

If someone gave you really vague requirements, then they should gtfo.
I know right!
But I'm tryna get this money :p

J.

PoetJC

Any better now?
I'll appreciate the thoughts, suggestions and feedback. Make 'em constructive and pithy please.
Thanks!

J.

LPH

Sponsor
Something strange happens in the footer: iPhone 6 Plus. Here's an image.

IMG_2615.PNG

Looking better.

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
IMG_9734.PNG
I find the swiping left to right awkward.
Ideally swiping left and right wouldn't do anything.

IMG_9735.PNG
I found things getting cut off a lot.
I think because of the left to right issue.

PoetJC

Thanks for the feedback and for posting the screencaps. Yeah... There's a wee bit of an issue with the responsive footer. I customized it to be a bit different than the out-of-box theme and simply haven't finished upgrading the custom footer .css. IDK if I'll ever finish the design actually, as the client who actually said they were quite amenable to a Wordpress integration that could be used as an ecommerce solution as well .... Simply left me hanging, without so much as a "thank you for your time." A really (not so bad as he flirted well LOL) experience, but seems definitely a waste of time type of experience anyway...

I'll likely use the theme for another project though, as I personally loved the direction the theme was headed. But then again ==> You can't please everybody all of the time. It's a virtual impossibility.

J.