This has got to be the worst computer build video EVER -- see if you can spot all the mistakes

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
How are they willing to engage openly with their audiences when they shut off comments on the video?

eva2000

Habitué
It's unfortunately that personal attacks on the video web host were thrown around. Criticize the content or how it was presented but personal attacks are not really needed against the video's host.

HenryZ

Aspirant
I sincerely failed to grasp the reason, why they make this video. Was that an experiment or they just made it for fun.

R0binHood

Habitué
I think it's just awful editorial standards. If anyone who had ever built their own PC before had actually watched it before approving it to go live, it should have been flagged.

Nothing personal against the builder/reviewer, but he's just not a great reviewer either. He published a written review for another tech product last week that I know quite a lot about and it was pretty awful. Poorly researched and so much information and features missed out. They've historically showed huge and obvious bias to other products this category that verge on looking like paid ads. There's a lot of crap on their website these days in between the odd good article.

R0binHood

Habitué
So now The Verge / Vox Media have now stooped to the lowest of the low, copyright striking Bitwit’s criticism video.

This is much worse than a copyright claim and can be incredibly damaging to a YouTube channel.

It’s also quite ironic seeing as one of the most recent articles on The Verge, posted just 3 days ago highlights how broken the YouTube copyright system is and how it’s being abused to extort creators. Looks like they thought it was so easy to take advantage of, they should take one last shot at silencing their critics by abusing it themselves, instead of trying to fix the situation through a myriad of other routes they could have taken. Especially when their video could have legitimately been dangerous and therefore quite deserving of the criticism.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/11/...e-blackmail-three-strikes-copyright-violation

Absolutely disgusting.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Its really disgusting to do this and a media company should know better. But too be fair this is going on a long time with YouTube the system is broken and there is no penalty for doing bogus claims. Even worse you only need name and email and nothing else to do a copyright claim.

R0binHood

Habitué
Its really disgusting to do this and a media company should know better.

It baffles me that they did this. There are so many ways they could have played this off, spun it, collabed with someone to make a new video to own the situation.

Listening to the guy in the video above list off all the problems with the original video make it almost seem like it was done on purpose. It seems unfathomable that the vid made it all the way through editing and publishing for one of the largest tech news sites in the world with that many mistakes.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
it might be disgusting but its no surprise thats for sure.

VOX are just click bait useless channel or news not sure what you would call them really..

Cant wait for them all to "learn to code"

dont get me started on buzzfeed.. lol

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Rather them listen to fact and logic when having an argument its easier just to ignore them. Thats what most lefty media outlets do, god forbid you heard an opinion outside of their own echo chambers..

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Yeah, many of these media organisations are pathetic in their responses to criticism. It's like, how can you be so happy to criticise others but so incapable of taking it yourself? Eh, I guess journalists in general are some of the thin skinnest people I've ever seen. Even calling out their mistakes or questionable reporting in a polite way seems to get a snide response nowadays.

As for these takedowns, well more people need to contest them. Yeah you'll get some companies and nutcases actually decide to sue, but the vast majority of bull**** content ID/strikes/DMCA notices are by people and organisations who know that the possibility of a threat scares many people online. They know full well they'll lose if it gets to an actual court, and won't actually go that far.

R0binHood

Habitué
lol, so..much..hypocrisy.

**** The Verge so hard for handling this case in this manner

Here's a 20 minute video laying the smack down on The Verge

And a note from Nilay trying to play the good guy saying, it's all good, I made it right - even though he still thinks the video wasn't fair use, he didn't like the character the commentator portrayed, and claims only 3 people contacted him to complain.

If he really didn't agree with the legal team, and could envisioned the potential ramifications of the actions taken, which he could have, he should have, then as editor he should have told them to let the matter lie, but he didn't. What a mess.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/15/18226105/a-note-about-youtube-copyright-strikes-from-vox-media

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
I think there is something going on that nobody has spotted, yet.

Seriously, even the earlier poorly presented review you made note of R0binHood must be a part of the whole plan.

I just sense there is some sort of very clever plan here to draw something out that couldn't be drawn out any other way.

I mean, if that is not what's going on then we are seeing some folks showing some really poor mental abilities being displayed to a whole mess of folks on this planet.

R0binHood

Habitué
we are seeing some folks showing some really poor mental abilities being displayed to a whole mess of folks on this planet.

Yet you still think these people should all be involved in some kind of international voting system? ;) :p

Oh wait, never mind, I'm confusing this all with the US political climate from the last two years. Don't mind me :whistle:

I wish it was all part of some kind of grand plan to all pan out, but I really don't think anyone involved thought that far ahead.

zappaDPJ

I wish it was all part of some kind of grand plan to all pan out, but I really don't think anyone involved thought that far ahead.

The only thing I can think of is they had April 1st down for publication but someone jumped the gun :D