This has got to be the worst computer build video EVER -- see if you can spot all the mistakes

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
So The Verge.com put together a computer build video on their youtube channel....

This has got to be the worst computer build video EVER -- see if you can spot all the mistakes

if your not a pc builder, here is a video comically explaining the above video's many mistakes

zappaDPJ

I tell you what, if building a PC that way gets you a computer that installs Windows in 2 minutes it's a winner in my book :D

There's actually so many problems in the video even the reaction video missed a load including the big bag of 'Velcro cables' for connection up the PSU. There's also no mention of the problems that will occur if you fail to remove the supplied thermal compound on the heatsink. That plus the colossal amount of what looked like Arctic Silver applied directly to the CPU would probably cause it to fry in less than 10 seconds.

Some of that really made me laugh :ROFLMAO:

eva2000

Habitué
:LOL::tdown: seriously The Verge needs to pull that video from circulation - radiator doesn't even have any fans ! and the TIM application for cpu cooler :eek:

esquire

Habitué
Was great. It began for me right away with that white case, which went completely undiscussed. They are usually carefully chosen strategically, especially for gaming (cooling, etc.) and I don't know of many gamers choosing white. Except for maybe this guy because it might match his Mac. :LOL: A good laugh for Sunday morning.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
Was great. It began for me right away with that white case, which went completely undiscussed. They are usually carefully chosen strategically, especially for gaming (cooling, etc.) and I don't know of many gamers choosing white. Except for maybe this guy because it might match his Mac. :LOL: A good laugh for Sunday morning.

I don't think anything was chosen strategically in this video...

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
:LOL::tdown: seriously The Verge needs to pull that video from circulation - radiator doesn't even have any fans ! and the TIM application for cpu cooler :eek:

Whats best is that there is no way to comment on the video - I'm sure they would have had a thousand comments by now telling them the video is a farce.

R0binHood

Habitué
Holy moly, that was awful! I couldn't watch the original, the commentary vid was beautiful though :D

R0binHood

Habitué
So many good quotes in the video, I particularly like how he compared the TIM application to a Jackson Pollock painting :D

I reckon they can't remove it as it was likely a sponsored video, there was a Capital One logo spinning in and out of it in the corner.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
I reckon they can't remove it as it was likely a sponsored video, there was a Capital One logo spinning in and out of it in the corner.

If I was Capitol one I would demand a refund and my logo removed

LOL this reminds me of the guy I've seen lurking around a lot of forums lately. He blew $5k on top of the line parts, monitors, VR headsets, multiple GFX cards and all of the works. For months he's been attempting to put it together and failing every time. He even broke the motherboard and cpu and had to re-order them. He's gotten so annoying people have stopped giving him advice and just laughing at him. He goes from forum to forum attempting to get help and yelling at anyone that criticizes him choice of hardware. His reputation has started to precede him now so his history gets brought up without fail within a few posts.

At first we thought he was trolling but now it's obvious that it's someone that's begin totally serious. He has a crappy attitude and just starts calling everyone poor and insulting them when they attempt to give him advice and tell him he overpaid for the parts. I've offered to put it together for him multiple times for all his remaining bitcoin that he's constantly bragging about having. So far he hasn't taken me up on the offer yet. The best part is his three GFX cards aren't even top of the line because it has been so long since he originally ordered them. I think he's been attempting to put it together for over a year now.

Most of their points are valid but I can't fault the guy for using a Swiss Army knife for the phillips head. I've worked on and built many a PC using my multi-tool for screwing in stuff. It isn't any worse than using a proper tool although given the fact that he was doing it as a teaching aide he should have used the right tool.

The heat sink bit was hilarious, I don't understand how you could mess things up that badly. Using all that thermal paste and not even installing fans...I have no idea how he managed to screw it up that badly.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
The heat sink bit was hilarious, I don't understand how you could mess things up that badly. Using all that thermal paste and not even installing fans...I have no idea how he managed to screw it up that badly.

How about the ram chips being placed in the wrong slots?

KimmiKat

Fan
I wonder if it was something to get attention to the Verge. I was laughing from the different commenters on the other vids.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
I wonder if it was something to get attention to the Verge. I was laughing from the different commenters on the other vids.

eh, I doubt it - there is nothing to indicate that

Im amazed they still haven't removed the video with all the backlash