They won't answer me...

Los

I have no home.
:nono:

I left a message on Vbulletin.com and I got an email, giving me the general run around. I was specific as possible, even left a note in the right forum but to no avail...

Alas, I have done myself in.

:(

Los

I have no home.
I uploaded the RC2 client onto my current Beta 7 setup. Now I'm stuck as I can't get past a certain point. I've read several entries by other forumers but nothing seems to alleviate the problem. And Cary sent me a vague, disheartening message.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
Not my area of expertise, but if you are patient I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon, either here or there...

nikidala

Aspirant
The only thing that I can think of is to try and see if the table is hosed and needs to be repaired (you can go into phpmyadmin to see)? That or make sure that the xml is uploading in ascii format instead of binary (if you are using a windows system and uploading to a unix system, then the carriage returns might be causing a problem)??

Sorry I wasn't much help... Hope you get it resolved!

Los

I have no home.
I'll try sending the xmls via ascii instead.

Los

I have no home.
I think maybe the MySQL has something to do with it.

3.23.54 <--- my setup.

I think I read 4.2.4 is the latest?

nikidala

Aspirant
I wouldn't think that you would have a problem upgrading from a vb3 beta if the MySQL was an issue. Maybe going from vb 2 to vb 3, but I really wouldn't think from one vb 3 to another... Especially with something as simple as importing the options (or what I would think would be as simple as importing the options)...

Have you tried running the server test program that they posted on vb.com, though, just to be sure? There was a program they posted that would run through all of your options to make sure you wouldn't have a problem (in case you hadn't heard of it)...

Sorry I wasn't of much help... Did you try checking out myphpadmin to see if any tables were hosed?