These Android apps have been tracking you, even when you say stop

doubt

Tazmanian
https://www.cnet.com/news/these-and...090e536&bhid=21999500654237695608480878831630

Some apps may track your activity over time, even when you tell them to forget the past. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Roughly 17,000 Android apps collect identifying information that creates a permanent record of the activity on your device, according to research from the International Computer Science Institute. The data collection appears to violate the search giant's policy on collecting data that can be used to target users for advertising in most cases, the researchers said.

KimmiKat

Adherent
In my case it's hard to put an app on a flip phone. But I always believe there's no privacy when using a smart phone.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
convenience and free means you lose privacy, and studies have shown people would much rather the convenience and free stuff then their privacy.

R0binHood

Habitué
In my case it's hard to put an app on a flip phone.
This concept is the one example of a phone with a foldable screen that has gotten me genuinely excited about the idea of foldable screens. The Motorola Razr could be coming back, with apps!

upload_2019-2-15_10-47-16.png

upload_2019-2-15_10-47-39.png

upload_2019-2-15_10-48-1.png

doubt

Tazmanian
This concept is the one example of a phone with a foldable screen that has gotten me genuinely excited about the idea of foldable screens. The Motorola Razr could be coming back, with apps!
Hopefully they won't choose Android. ;)

R0binHood

Habitué
Blackberry smoothies are still a thing, but the only Apps and functionality that come with it are that of satisfying your Appetite :D

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
In my case it's hard to put an app on a flip phone
That's really a positive...
But do note that web apps typically only need a functioning browser, and should work on desktop browsers just as well as traditilnal websites, unless they absolutely require access to the data of sensors that are common on mobile but not computers (gyroscopes, gps for precise geolocation...)

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
Hopefully they won't choose Android. ;)
I assume you are joking here or just an iphone fan boy. Having both the latest iphone for work and latest samsung on android for personal use I can safely say that android is a million times better, honestly its not even a competition. iphone is so frustrating on how limited it is..

doubt

Tazmanian
I assume you are joking here or just an iphone fan boy. Having both the latest iphone for work and latest samsung on android for personal use I can safely say that android is a million times better, honestly its not even a competition. iphone is so frustrating on how limited it is..
Where did I say that the iPhone is a million times better than Android?
Can't find it.
Did you say the opposite? Yes you did.
So, about to be a fanboy of any of them...

By the way yes, I was only joking.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
i am not a fanboy of the android but good point.

its funny I really enjoy the ipad but just the iphone I cant get a handle on.

phatcows

Adherent
studies have shown people would much rather the convenience and free stuff then their privacy
I don't think this is correct, well not as a throwaway line that tars everyone. This will be true to a finite age group.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Anyone wishing to hang on to their privacy is already facing an uphill task which will eventually become too cost prohibitive to maintain.

Many companies already offer discounts for people willing to share their data via fitness and vehicle trackers. Even so called smart energy meters are starting to attract substantial discounts for those that have them fitted in the UK.

The question we need to ask is not how we can maintain our privacy because we can't. It's whether we can benefit from giving it away.

R0binHood

Habitué
Exactly, it’s why I don’t bother to close the toilet door whenever I go to the loo anymore.

At least with the door open I can still chat to people and multitask at parties. Plus if someone likes what they see then I’m in!

Everyone wins, just got to embrace the no privacy revolution.

Right?....

overcast

Adherent
I remember the truecaller app that screens the shady phones, collects our contact information and other data. And use that to improve their product and charge it back to us. So it's kind of like they being rich with our data and we don't even know about it.