The Following Alerts

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
We've installed a new add-on called The Following Alerts. In order to use it effectively you need to configure it accordingly. Basically, it allows you to add alerting functionality to the members you follow, so that you can receive a notification if that member posts a thread, replies to a post, changes their status, or creates a resource.

If you decide to follow someone now, this dialogue will open up:

upload_2014-11-7_15-21-37.png

So now you decide which (if any) of these events you wish to receive alerts for - check the appropriate boxes and then click "Follow". Easy peasy.

Now, for those members you're already following you should go to your Profile Page and then find the widget that shows who you're following - it looks like this:

upload_2014-11-7_15-24-32.png

Then, click on the number in the box with the rounded off edges that tells you how many people you're following (9 in the example above) and this screen will pop up:

upload_2014-11-7_15-16-10.png

From here, simply click on the alert preferences for each member you follow and you'll get back to the pop-up that lets you choose which events you'd like receive notifications for.

A couple of notes - Don't elect to receive notifications of posts by Morganna, and don't choose to receive alerts for threads started by Shawn Gossman unless you want your Notifications area to be lit up like a Christmas tree *all the time*. I'm just sayin'...

Enjoy the added functionality of the follow system and post your questions or comments here. :)

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
A couple of notes - Don't elect to receive notifications of posts by Morgana, and don't choose to receive alerts for threads started by Shawn Gossman. I'm just sayin'...
:morganna:

And you could at least spell my name correctly... don't you love me anymore? :cry:

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
A couple of notes - Don't elect to receive notifications of posts by Morganna, and don't choose to receive alerts for threads started by Shawn Gossman unless you want your Notifications area to be lit up like a Christmas tree *all the time*. I'm just sayin'...

I didn't catch this bit LOL come on I don't post that much >_<

Digital Doctor

Tazmanian
Then, click on the number in the box with the rounded off edges that tells you how many people you're following (9 in the example above) and this screen will pop up:

Funny ... I looked here first.
https://theadminzone.com/account/following
and there was no way to set things it seemed.

And then the membercard ...
and there was no way to set things it seemed.

Not really all that intuitive to find the settings.

SocialManUK

Participant
Nothing like a damn good ole fashion stalker feature :p

I think I'm safe on that front as I only have two people following me (I ain't that popular....) but I on the other hand can now stalk (I mean FOLLOW) people more effectively.... *does best impression of Dr Evil laugh.... *

The Sandman Kudos on th elatest addition, add-on buddy. ;)

Danielx64

Developer

haha, well I decided to follow and get alert from those 2 guys, so see how bad it really is :)