That "special offer" ad is messing up the menus

Rockatteer

Devotee
I don't care - I just brought it up to the Admins since I figured it was a blemish. It is an annoyance I can live with.
Yeah I get the problem too. But I haven't really taken any notice of when or what makes it happen, other than the ad in the corner appears to not be loaded properly when it happens... like it's hung, but then once I mouse over it, it seems to kick in and all's well again.

Like others have said this is the only web site which presents any issues with flash advertisements. it's also not that big of a deal to me.. but it is weird.

MommiesRUs

Participant
I have noticed this problem on both of my computers (one a mac and one a pc), and the issue occurs whether or not I hover over the peel-away ad. The problem happens with me once I post - everything to the right of the "Support Us" link is no longer clickable.

Libertate

Devotee
You are just "lazy".

And since "majority of users are not bothered" too bad for you and me.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
:(

lockelymarkets

Enthusiast
Ah that thing is really ****ing me off. (sorry to swear).

I am the type of person who likes to click on the side scroll and pull, instead of using a mouse scroller. It annoys me, when I am at the top of a page, I have to go around the advertisement (IE go down halfway on the page and slide back up the scroll bar. If my mouse goes over it, I cannot click on any links at all, and have to refresh the page.

lordtopcat

Adherent
Hey, just letting you guys know that the transparency isn't really working for me. I'm using latest FireFox.

taz.png

Finally getting used to having the Ad there, just learn to ignore it ;)

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
The ad doesn't both me...I find myself making it open repeatedly just for entertainment and I say "weee" when it opens...on that note, would anyone have a spare life I can go get?

tlcoffee

GravityRoot
The ad doesn't both me...I find myself making it open repeatedly just for entertainment and I say "weee" when it opens...on that note, would anyone have a spare life I can go get?

evidently I don't have a life either cause I do the same thing lol :bonk:

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Well, I guess that makes it official. Our members are insane :D

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
Now why would you post that immedately following a post from Hangman? :confused: