Team is busy doing nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

macfanpl

Enthusiast
Hey, seriously? why the hell did they open shop when they claim that its not for making profit and they keep saying they are busy with life and that's why overalll development process is slow/stalled........

Not having time is just another lame excuse/lie they (team) serve us on regular basis......

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Because what seems a bad idea months or weeks ago can be a great idea now. Also they do not have to explain themselves to you or to anyone else how and why.

Tom Kent

Developer
The store was opened by me, as leader of the community team in anticipation of a community meet-up we are organising. First we will have a team meet up and then organise a community one. I am not part of the development team, so this has no bearing on development.

In regards to profit, we aren’t selling T-shirt’s to make money here, we aren’t really into gouging our users. We simply want some merch to make use identifiable at meet ups. We were initially just going to get team shirts but why restrict it from our users?

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Well profit can always be used to get software that you’ll need like a paid editor.

Tom Kent

Developer
Well profit can always be used to get software that you’ll need like a paid editor.

We already have internal collaborations with IDEs to provide free access for staff, not that editing for PHP requires a paid editor these days - Sublime and VS Code are pretty great in their own right.

Additionally, it’s not like we’re raking in millions in profit here, we just want to sell a few shirts for the meet-up.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
We already have internal collaborations with IDEs to provide free access for staff, not that editing for PHP requires a paid editor these days - Sublime and VS Code are pretty great in their own right.

Additionally, it’s not like we’re raking in millions in profit here, we just want to sell a few shirts for the meet-up.

I know people think if you sell you make easy money, not how it works. But profit can be used to benefit other stuff from that is what people forget, even if its you want a meeting and you can maybe help people out. Our volunteers so that means if you want to do something and MyBB does not have cash you'll need to pay it out of pocket.

I do volunteer stuff to and got an invite to come to London from Rotterdam but because of heath i could not but it was paid for by the project, now the head comes to me this year. Because we really need to sit down and talk a few hours and see if we can get access to companies that we need.

effone

Developer
Contri or gtfo.
Enough of virtual taking over.
Next time you even look at MyBB throw your god forsaken company name before barking any word.

Paul M

Super Moderator
As they claim to be transparent, they should explain the reasoning behind their decisions.
So "they" should be transparent, but not you, apparently.

This just seems another lame excuse to attack the MyBB team, I see no benefit in it continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.