TAZ updated to comply with GDPR

The Sandman

Administrator
We've updated to the latest version of XF which means among other things that members are required to signify acceptance of our Privacy Policy and TOS/Rules. This is necessary in order to comply with GDPR.

Thanks to XenForo for this update which makes it easy for forum owners (and relatively painless for our members) to be in compliance with the new regulations.

Maddox

Habitué
That's great! It's also a great opportunity to remind people what they are agreeing to in the Terms and Conditions, which are usually forgotten in the blink of an eye, so it's a good reminder and also logged as being agreed - spot on and well done for doing this ASAP.

:tup:

Chris D

XenForo Developer
You’re welcome / I’m sorry. (depending on your view point ;))

Chris D

XenForo Developer
BTW, you may want to look at enabling the cookie notice for guests.

Though not sure if you’ll have issues because of the “sign up now” banner thing you have.

• Admin

The Sandman

Administrator
BTW, you may want to look at enabling the cookie notice for guests.

Though not sure if you’ll have issues because of the “sign up now” banner thing you have.
Enabled, and I don't see any issues with it.
When a guest views a page, if enabled, the guest will see a notice stating that cookies are used by this site and continued use consents to the cookies. This notice must be accepted or it will continue to display. This option is designed to make compliance with EU cookie regulations and GDPR easier.
So guests can ignore the cookie notice and continue to browse the site without accepting?

Chris D

XenForo Developer

fixer

I'm In My Prime
We found it eaiser and more effective to just ban anyone from the EU.

Inadvertantly this has greatly increased the quality of the content posted on the site.

we should of done this years ago.

Thank You

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
Inadvertantly this has greatly increased the quality of the content posted on the site.

we should of done this years ago

because no English people correcting 'should of' to the correct 'should have' ? :p

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
Maybe I'm particularly anal today, but why exactly do we need to agree to the privacy policy and TOS? We already know they exist, and neither of them contain personally identifying information.