Question TAZ Signature Permissions: What are the exact specifics?

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Okay... Trying to edit my signature and always getting the "1 line too long" error:

upload_2019-7-8_14-12-23.png

What exactly are the current TAZ signature permissions?

My signature edit is 4 total lines - 2 links - no images. I thought signatures were limited UP TO 4 lines. Am I mistaken or is there perhaps an issue with the signature permissions? Also - what is the limit of text per line? Perhaps that's the issue with my signature edit? IDK - but will appreciate assistance.

Thanks,

J.

PoetJC

The limit is 3 lines, not 4 :)
Why am I thinking it was 4 lines....? Is this something new that has only recently been changed?
Or... (don't answer this) Am I some kinda fool who just didn't know...? Could'a swore TAZ offered 4 lines for signatures. 2 for each side of the face is how I referred to it. I distinctly recall having a 4-line signature here. Or maybe I'm mistaken....

J.

Paul M

Super Moderator
Why am I thinking it was 4 lines....? Is this something new that has only recently been changed?
I cannot tell you that, I simply looked up what its currently set to.

PoetJC

I cannot tell you that, I simply looked up what its currently set to.
Okay. Thanks for the answer Paul.
I'm wondering if The Sandman can clarify whether the signature rules have been revised and if yes = why.
I'm curious is all. Because I *believe* some users do have 4 line signatures if I'm not mistaken... So yeah - kinda wondering if it may have been a mistake or intentional change - if indeed there has been a change...
Thanks,

J.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Okay. Thanks for the answer Paul.
I'm wondering if The Sandman can clarify whether the signature rules have been revised and if yes = why.
I'm curious is all. Because I *believe* some users do have 4 line signatures if I'm not mistaken... So yeah - kinda wondering if it may have been a mistake or intentional change - if indeed there has been a change...
Thanks,

J.
Dunno if this helps, but back when I was staff, some usergroups had higher perms for signatures (moderators, admins, etc).

PoetJC

Anyhow, I changed the line limit to 4... hope that helps.
Ugh Howard... I meant to come back and thank you for this courtesy. And forgot until just searching through my posts trying to find an XF add-on.
At anyrate - I appreciate the courtesy. Cheers The Sandman :tup:

J.