Question TAZ conversion to XF is complete | Do you see any issues?

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Good afternoon everybody. As you can tell - TAZ has successfully migrated to the Xenforo platform. Obviously there are still a few quirks being worked out behind the scenes. If you notice any issues with the new design or site functionality - we'd appreciate it if you take the time to list them here.

--------------------------------
--------------------------------

I'll start:

1. No multi-quote. Hopefully this is being taken care of - but it's something that I noticed right away.
2. Post count seems to be ... off a bit. Yesterday I had 6500 or so posts - Today I have 12000+ posts:
taz-2_post-count.png

I hazard a guess that this is because the TAZ vB install didn't actually add posts from the off-topic/chitchat sections into users' total post count. So now those posts are showing...? IDK.

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Some 'first impression' feedback items...
  • Search needs to be rebuilt; when viewing profiles no recent activity is shown (eg: viewing my profile shows my last post, prior to this one, was in April when I've posted as recently as last night).
  • The "Site Logo" custom field on the Personal Details page is not doing anything.
  • The "Logo Preference" custom field on the Preferences page is no longer applicable.
  • The "Advertise with us today" text in the header should be a link to how to advertise.
  • No favicon.ico showing.
  • No smilies except for the XF stock entries.
  • CarlosX360 already posted about it, but, yeah, the social icons in footer aren't active links.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. No multi-quote. Hopefully this is being taken care of - but it's something that I noticed right away.
A simple toggle. No biggie.
2. Post count seems to be ... off a bit. Yesterday I had 6500 or so posts - Today I have 12000+ posts:
If you were a member of TAZ, and Admin Extra, your accounts were merged, therefore you now have double the posts you initially had at both sites.

PoetJC

Totally forgot to mention the favicon...
Thanks for posting Kevin.
A simple toggle. No biggie.
Functionality Carlos. Functionality.
And the multi-quote functionality (although an add-on from what I understand) is missing. Or permissions need to be updated.
Expect to see it soon ;)

If you were a member of TAZ, and Admin Extra, your accounts were merged, therefore you now have double the posts you initially had at both sites.
I realize posts may have merged. But I only had 300 or so posts on AdEx.
The math doesn't explain the 1000s more I'm being given credited for now...

J.

GTB

Tazmanian
Horizontal scrollbar appear bottom of browser when you hover mouse over red arrow in search box.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
External image embeds broken in some places.
Example; An animated GIF previously embedded in jacquii's visitor page.

Steve

Fanatic
Horizontal scrollbar appear bottom of browser when you hover mouse over red arrow in search box.

What resolution are you viewing at? Most likely because of the tooltip popping up.

Russ

Administrator

We'll need to adjust the tooltip position, good find :)

Functionality Carlos. Functionality.
And the multi-quote functionality (although an add-on from what I understand) is missing. Or permissions need to be updated.
Expect to see it soon ;)
As I said: Simple Toggle. 1.3.x series has it stock.
I realize posts may have merged. But I only had 300 or so posts on AdEx.
The math doesn't explain the 1000s more I'm being given credited for now...
I think you had another thousand posts from a previously "private" section, which did not count posts towards the grand total, hence... your posts are double now.

GTB

Tazmanian
Forum is running slow for me, taking ages to load a page compared to before.

PoetJC

As I said: Simple Toggle. 1.3.x series has it stock.

I think you had another thousand posts from a previously "private" section, which did not count posts towards the grand total, hence... your posts are double now.
I was thinking 1.3.x had the built-in multiquote. Don't call me stupid - but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "simple toggle" o_O
Hmmm - I wonder what private section ... or perhaps it's the chitchat section? I don't believe posts in the chitchat section had ever counted towards a user's postcount. But it seems it does now... hmmm

Also = the site seems to be loading lightning quick for me.
Very fast.

J.

Russ

Administrator
I was thinking 1.3.x had the built-in multiquote. Don't call me stupid - but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "simple toggle" o_O
Hmmm - I wonder what private section ... or perhaps it's the chitchat section? I don't believe posts in the chitchat section had ever counted towards a user's postcount. But it seems it does now... hmmm

J.

I think he's referring to it as being just a checkbox toggle to turn it on.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
Om the EDIT PERSONAL DETAILS PAGE:

What do you hope to gain from being at Admin Extra?:

Also = the site seems to be loading lightning quick for me.
Very fast.

J.
It's just an option that needs to be enabled via the ACP.

I wasn't calling you stupid, but you should know. The admin has to toggle it on. Meaning it hasn't been turned on yet.
It's just an option that needs to be enabled via the ACP.
Exactly.
I think he's referring to it as being just a checkbox toggle to turn it on.
Yep. :)
Hmmm - I wonder what private section ... or perhaps it's the chitchat section? I don't believe posts in the chitchat section had ever counted towards a user's postcount. But it seems it does now... hmmm.
Yep. I guess.