Question TAZ conversion to XF is complete | Do you see any issues?

Nogitsune

Unleash The Beast....
You're simply typing to fast for what IE can handle, slow-er down and that's a good fix :) (in all serious ness I'll need to do some testing).

Can you screenshot where your seeing different avatars?
my profile is a Prime example,....notice the larger photo is different from the smaller one beside post update.

In thread view I an seethe larger photo but the smaller photo is the one I see as a preview in the board index and inbox previews.
ai.gyazo.com_edbfd6546a95bf8132fbac4d6dd04c68.png

Chris D

XenForo Developer
my profile is a Prime example,....notice the larger photo is different from the smaller one beside post update.

In thread view I an seethe larger photo but the smaller photo is the one I see as a preview in the board index and inbox previews.
That's the correct XF behaviour.

There are three avatar sizes, small, medium and large. The large one is resized to a specific width but not cropped. The smaller ones are resized AND cropped.

The large avatar is only used on your profile.

EDIT: Wait a minute... those are different images aren't they?? Sorry I just had a closer look at your screenshot and I see what you're saying now... That's not what I'm seeing though.

This is what further confused me because I looked at your profile and this is what I see:

upload_2014-6-21_12-10-34.png

And I see the same avatar for you everywhere.

And I'm not sure how this is going to look for you, but when I do this, I see the same image (in different sizes and cropping positions):

This seems to be a case of your browser hanging on to an old image.

Last edited:

zappaDPJ

Administrator

Try clearing your browser cache :)

doubt

Tazmanian
Something is wrong with the new posts.
Are posts in hidden forums counted?

new_posts.JPG

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
For the IE typing lag, make sure you don't have any browser extensions causing the issue.

Scott

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Something is wrong with the new posts.
Are posts in hidden forums counted?

View attachment 10644
That issue crops up from time to time with the add-on. Marking the forums as read will usually reset the counter although in my experience it occasionally might take a couple of forum visits before it properly resets. I do believe the add-on developer is aware of the issue and its cause but couldn't easily fix it.

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo Developer
That iss

That issue crops up from time to time with the add-on. Marking the forums as read will usually reset the counter although in my experience it occasionally might take a couple of forum visits before it properly resets. I do believe the add-on developer is aware of the issue and its cause but couldn't easily fix it.
You're almost right.

It was easy enough to fix, but another bug was introduced (which manifests itself in a similar way) by a new feature that aims to improve performance. Fixes for that are in testing at the moment.

The exact cause of the current issue in the version installed here is posts in deleted threads. It counts posts in deleted threads. Marking the forums as read fixes the count.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
You're almost right.

It was easy enough to fix, but another bug was introduced (which manifests itself in a similar way) by a new feature that aims to improve performance. Fixes for that are in testing at the moment.

The exact cause of the current issue in the version installed here is posts in deleted threads. It counts posts in deleted threads. Marking the forums as read fixes the count.
Thanks for the clarification Chris. I'd forgotten you are the author which is a little remiss of me as it's by far my favourite XenForo add-on.

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
TAZ looks nicer than XF on XF!

They've done a lovely job here, the definitive XF skin for me by a very large margin.
There's no doubt about that and I'm loving all the activity that's currently going on. Everything is set up so nicely.

The Sandman

Administrator
TAZ is looking really nice on XF!
TAZ looks nicer than XF on XF!

They've done a lovely job here, the definitive XF skin for me by a very large margin.
There's no doubt about that and I'm loving all the activity that's currently going on. Everything is set up so nicely.
Thanks! To be honest, TAZ isn't even close to running on all 8 cylinders yet - there are still quite a few issues that remain from the conversion/merge that will take some time to sort out. We haven't even sent out any emails or newsletters to our members yet - it's basically all word of mouth so far. So hopefully what you're seeing now is just a taste of things to come.

In the meantime, Russ and Steve (the PixelExit team) did an awesome job on TAZ's style and they are continuing to tweak it behind the scenes. And the Transition Team has been a huge help in sorting out the myriad things that come up before, during, and after a conversion/merge like this.

A big Thank You to everyone involved including each and every one of our participating members! :)

Deimos

Devotee
For some reason I'm no longer seeing a number next to the New Posts tab at the top
Even though there are new posts.