TapaTalk hacked

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
I've never used Tapatalk. Seems silly, and pointless. Just another company making something useless seem useful to make money.
If you think it's useless you really have no idea what it does, the limitations of mobile browsers, or the the demographics it brings in. Not to mention it was also the first to do those things.

Finn

Participant
If you think it's useless you really have no idea what it does, the limitations of mobile browsers, or the the demographics it brings in. Not to mention it was also the first to do those things.
In my opinion, my browser does what I want it to, and it needs to know more. Constant Tapatalk adds upon entering a site with Tapatalk is very annoying as well.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
I know what it does. I don't see how it's relevant other than possibly utilizing resources for alerts more efficiently..?
Responsive Designs. Frequent Polling for Alerts. Not to mention, there are HTML5.1? updates coming our way to have true push alerts.
Tapatalk is irrelevant. It's merely surviving off the market-share which it gained when it was somewhat relevant.

BirdOPrey5

#Awesome
Push notifications aside, not all forum software has the ability to upload files via mobile devices- so a mobile app is absolutely essential for those forums. In fact most don't.

Even the technical advantages aside the fact is there is a generation of users out there that are app-centric. If an app doesn't exist your forum doesn't exist to them.

Erin Nicole

Habitué
Push notifications aside, not all forum software has the ability to upload files via mobile devices- so a mobile app is absolutely essential for those forums. In fact most don't.
^^ is the one reason why I like Tapatalk. If forums had this via mobile then I would have gotten rid of it faster.
I did delete it off of my forum simply due to the fact that I was (when I got rid of it) getting ready for IPS4. Now that I have a mobile friendly Xenforo theme and I am moving in that direction, I don't feel like I need anything else.

I love TAZ's theme as it scales down perfectly when viewing on my iPhone. Plus I'm able to upload pictures to TAZ from my iPhone if I want to via the web so definitely don't have any issues there.

VonDoom

XenForo FTW
My TT members are awesome and contribute like mad.. However i noticed hardly any upload avatars.. Im not a TT fan and swore it off a cpl years ago then decided to give them another shot based on an improving reputation then not a week later i get an email blast telling me my password has been compromised.. Im still running TT because it brings a boatload of new activity on the forum but i do not like it and am hoping someone produces an app i can purchase and manage on my own.. The likely expense of this app will be well worth getting away from TT again.. But some people just refuse to surf the net with an authentic browser, hmm go figure!. I have TT installed on my phone but rarly use it as a user.. I dont like generic and want the full monte.. While others prefer something simplier.