Tapatalk.com SEO

Karll

Adherent
On a related note, when a TT user uploads an image, it gets hosted by TT.

Does anyone know how to easily copy these images back to my site and update my links to said images?

I'd like to do this before I uninstall the TT add-on and all its files.

On a related note, when a TT user uploads an image, it gets hosted by TT.

Does anyone know how to easily copy these images back to my site and update my links to said images?

I'd like to do this before I uninstall the TT add-on and all its files.
Do they show up in IMG BBCode? If so, maybe this addon would work?

Karll

Adherent
Do they show up in IMG BBCode? If so, maybe this addon would work?
Yes, it's the IMG BBCode, e.g.:
Code:
[ IMG ]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/b81fdbf88721adc3f82bcfb087138fa6.jpg[ / IMG ]
(Added white-space inside IMG tags to avoid triggering the Convert Image (?) add-on running here.)
As the name implies, the Convert Image All add-on will convert all hot-linked images ... I don't think I'm ready for that. I assume I can modify it a bit to suit my use case, though, but will require some effort on my part.

Yes, it's the IMG BBCode, e.g.:
Code:
[ IMG ]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/b81fdbf88721adc3f82bcfb087138fa6.jpg[ / IMG ]
(Added white-space inside IMG tags to avoid triggering the Convert Image (?) add-on running here.)
As the name implies, the Convert Image All add-on will convert all hot-linked images ... I don't think I'm ready for that. I assume I can modify it a bit to suit my use case, though, but will require some effort on my part.
Ask AndyB (addon dev) for help?

H-DB

Enthusiast
Is this going to hurt? It looks like Tapatalk is putting a snippet of thread activity and then putting a link "View More Posts" that will take the reader to that forum and that particular thread. That is promoting your forum.

Now if you opted out and they published you anyway I see that to be an issue.

Is this going to hurt? It looks like Tapatalk is putting a snippet of thread activity and then putting a link "View More Posts" that will take the reader to that forum and that particular thread. That is promoting your forum.

Now if you opted out and they published you anyway I see that to be an issue.
First of all, it's not always a snippet. People are finding 4000-word posts copied en bloc, or whole threads copied en bloc. Try searching domain.com site:tapatalk.com where domain is your site, and look at the links yourself. Many of them are not snippets.

Second, any unnatural linking, including the style Tapatalk is doing, runs the risk of incurring a Google penalty, which is far more damaging than any promotion you are getting from this method.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I've no idea if this thread is being monitored but a lot of my content has suddenly been removed after sitting there for months, possibly years.

Sal Collaziano

Womanizer
Do we have a group of coders here who'd be interested in making a legitimate, admin-friendly alternative? I think it would be EASY for the company to earn revenue while allowing forum admins the ability to better utilize their mobile traffic in such a way that they earn more revenue then they were before - and have a happier user base...

redeye

Aspirant
I'm glad I never installed this Tapatalk crap after reading this thread :)

Sonya

Participant
I'm glad I never installed this Tapatalk crap after reading this thread
When we were on vbulletin, it was a necessity for our members to browse on mobile and they weren't as hard to work with as they are now. I do now sort of wish we hadn't re-installed it when we migrated to XenForo last May, but I wanted to keep some consistency and keep complaints to a minimum. :)

Now I'm sort of in a quandry about it. I'd love to remove it, especially because it's so easy to view XF from your mobile browser, but people are concerned about not having the push notifications or ability to upload video, "but change is hard", etc. I keep hoping there will be a viable alternative addon from XF soon so I can easily move away from Tapatalk.

ENF

Participant
When we were on vbulletin, it was a necessity for our members to browse on mobile and they weren't as hard to work with as they are now. I do now sort of wish we hadn't re-installed it when we migrated to XenForo last May, but I wanted to keep some consistency and keep complaints to a minimum. :)

Now I'm sort of in a quandry about it. I'd love to remove it, especially because it's so easy to view XF from your mobile browser, but people are concerned about not having the push notifications or ability to upload video, "but change is hard", etc. I keep hoping there will be a viable alternative addon from XF soon so I can easily move away from Tapatalk.
We had the same worries, but eventually cut Tapatalk out and for Xenforo, we switched to Pushover for push notifications and gave out Pushover license keys to heavy users who really wanted to keep push notifications. In the end, we didn't lose any activity... the only leftover issue was the constant list of 404 errors from requests to our server looking for Tapatalk files. (eventually, put a redirect in to resolve that)

mysiteguy

Devotee

Disable discovery of it in TT's forum listing, over time it'll mostly take care of itself through natural attrition.

TimeDev

Participant
Hey
I discovered this *amazing* feature and I wondered how you all got on getting it removed. Did they remove all the pages or simply redirect?

zappaDPJ

Administrator
My content was completely removed seemingly by magic shortly after I contributed to this thread. In reality I imagine that was probably a coincidence but you never know! I believe others had their content removed after emailing Tapatalk.

TimeDev

Participant
My content was completely removed seemingly by magic shortly after I contributed to this thread. In reality I imagine that was probably a coincidence but you never know! I believe others had their content removed after emailing Tapatalk.
Thanks, I just noticed that physicsforums.com stuff has not been removed, it seems to be just redirecting which will still damage seo.