[SUGGESTION] New Animated User Online Graphic

Dale369

Enthusiast
Lee, I think he was addressing the thread itself, and not just you. :p

BTW, those with positive C+C replies have gotten rep. It's good to see people working together in a positive way. :)

Sorry if it sounded like I was aiming the comment at you, as above I was just addressing the thread itself. :)

Thanks.

OhioSweetheart

Just hangin' around
I blocked the user_online icon. The pulsating icons are annoying (nothing wrong with the design or animation) but over-sized animated dartboards ain't my thing.
Me too. I really like the icon, but it's just too large.

Shelley

Tazmanian
Of course, yet in my opinion I think it's absolutely fine.

While I'm browsing this board and putting good suggestions to the table I will also voice my opinion/concerns. It's knowing where to implement animation and when not to. It's not being picky, it's using common sense and knowing where to place appropriate designs.

Like I stated in my original reply. when viewing the postbit area the online icon shouldn't be the first thing you focus on. Even without the animation it was a focus point, Now that (for some unknown reason) with the implementation of animation (no offense Jacqui - the animation looks good) they are a focus, borderline hypnotic focus point and that's bad. And, online icons should never be larger in height than the .bigusername. Is that being picky? or using common sense? you decide. :)

It's not being picky, it's giving sound suggestions and if mr admin wants to annoy the members bu adding "The pulsating horrors" then they'll either block the images or just not post.

hmmm yeah I posted. Oh well.

Jacqui - I'm using the Ad Block Plus firefox extension. :)

Last edited:

Dale369

Enthusiast
Like I stated in my original reply. when viewing the postbit area the online icon shouldn't be the first thing you focus on. Even without the animation it was a focus point, Now that (for some unknown reason) with the implementation of animation (no offense jacqui - the animation looks good) they are a focus, borderline hypnotic focus point and that's bad. And, online icons should never be larger in height than the .bigusername.

A'hem

My post orignally insinuated that the icon doesn't draw attention. Okay, maybe 15mins was an exaggeration but I was literally sat here for 5minutes trawling through the forum to try and find what the thread was going on about. Only until I took a VERY close look at all the items around a post did I notice it.

In my opinion, it is definately not the first thing that catches your eye.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Of course, yet in my opinion I think it's absolutely fine.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion :)

So, your being opinionated.....:hiding:

To be honest, I don't really notice.
Of course I'm opinionated... didn't you know that already? :D

A'hem

My post orignally insinuated that the icon doesn't draw attention. Okay, maybe 15mins was an exaggeration but I was literally sat here for 5minutes trawling through the forum to try and find what the thread was going on about. Only until I took a VERY close look at all the items around a post did I notice it.

In my opinion, it is definately not the first thing that catches your eye.

It could be that those of us who've been members a long time and are used to seeing the style in a specific way are more likely to notice than people who don't spend the same lengthy amount of time that we do.

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
UserCP => Settings & Options => Edit Options => Thread Display Options => Online Statusicon

Dale369

Enthusiast
Personally, I would like to see it more like this..

desce.jpg

Hehe

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
You might be on to something there, Dale!

Shelley

Tazmanian
Thankyou whomever applied the alternative static user_online icon.

Dale369

Enthusiast
I think orange would suit the scheme much better. Just a thought.

67659739.jpg

Note: I do not declare ownership of the above image.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Oh Lord - Leave it to me to make a simple suggestion and it blow up into a 6-page debate on style hahahaa!

Anyway...

Jacquii.

PoetJC

I think orange would suit the scheme much better. Just a thought.

67659739.jpg

Note: I do not declare ownership of the above image.

Hmmm - I use the blue fixed - I didnt' think of the yellow theme - I'll see what I can come up with.

Jacquii.

theone759

Habitué
Oh Lord - Leave it to me to make a simple suggestion and it blow up into a 6-page debate on style hahahaa!

Anyway...

Jacquii.
You know, I was just thinking about that before when I saw this thread on the New Posts page :bonk:

PoetJC

You know, I was just thinking about that before when I saw this thread on the New Posts page :bonk:

LOL - It's simply incredible o_O
Anyway - I've always liked an animated "user online" status icon. In fact - I designed one for my new forum: awlsjourney.org_community_forums_images_statusicon_user_online.gif ==> Tis so predictable - got the greenlight for on - the redlight for off and a clear white for invisible tehehe - I think it looks quite nice anyway...

Jacquii.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Jacquii, it wouldn't be you if it didn't become a huge debate :p

PoetJC

LOL - But I try so hard at being an official No-Drama-Mama tehehehe

Jacquii.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
It's ok, it's better than some of those ultra lame daytime TV shows. :yup:

PoetJC

LOL - Yes indeed - Who'd have believed I was a fan of Days of Our Lives...... Until one of the main characters started seeing ghosts or some shyt... That was about 8 years ago perhaps? Anyway = yes indeed. LOL

Jacquii.