Suggestion [Suggestion] Add a title to the TAZ newsletter instead of defaulting to the title of the first thread

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
When sending out the Threadloom newsletter for TAZ it'd nice if the subject was something like "TAZ newsletter" or similar. As it is now it seems to be grabbing the title from the first thread listed in the body content.

1579708125790.png

When I got today's email with that subject my first thought was "Why am I getting this, I'm not watching that thread or have replied in it?:confused:" before opening it and realizing what it really was.

Kyrie

Fan
When sending out the Threadloom newsletter for TAZ it'd nice if the subject was something like "TAZ newsletter" or similar. As it is now it seems to be grabbing the title from the first thread listed in the body content.

View attachment 53888

When I got today's email with that subject my first thought was "Why am I getting this, I'm not watching that thread or have replied in it?:confused:" before opening it and realizing what it really was.
I 100% agree, but who would title the newsletter every week or however its frequency is.

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
I 100% agree, but who would title the newsletter every week or however its frequency is.
It's a scheduled task so it'd be either a static text (eg: "What's new at TAZ?") or dynamic (eg: "What's new at TAZ the week of {date}?"), no human intervention required. :)

Kyrie

Fan
It's a scheduled task so it'd be either a static text (eg: "What's new at TAZ?") or dynamic (eg: "What's new at TAZ the week of {date}?"), no human intervention required. :)

Eh those are lame, probably be better if it was "YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT WAS ON TAZ ON {DATE}!?!?!"

/s

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
That would pretty quickly get it deleted.
Notice the subtle "/s" at the end of that post. ;)

There are some days though that the forum world has its fill of drama so a click-bait title like that would fit right in. :LOL: