Stay away from Invision Power Services and their products – it's a shady and greedy company

Chemical

Participant
LOL

Did the IPS official rep ask to bury this topic? I'm laughing because it's such typical IPS, regardless of his tenure with the company.

Works on their company forum. Doesn't work on any other forum.

I genuinely don't understand why the company doesn't let the critiques stand and directly address them. That's the power of community, and open transparency, and committing to action and improving customer service even if it's messy and challenging. It may give the company heartburn to see what clients actually think about them, but it also earns our respect far more when real improvement is made.

But no, no let's just hide things that we don't like.

Hey Joel, long time no see. I appreciate the conversations we had together previous to this. Hope you're doing well. Appreciate the feedback as well.
Following your earlier explanation, I believe you thought you were doing the right thing.

But on the other hand, were you asked to come over here and intervene in the way you did?

Chris

Administrator
LOL

Did the IPS official rep ask to bury this topic? I'm laughing because it's such typical IPS, regardless of his tenure with the company.

Works on their company forum. Doesn't work on any other forum.

I genuinely don't understand why the company doesn't let the critiques stand and directly address them. That's the power of community, and open transparency, and committing to action and improving customer service even if it's messy and challenging. It may give the company heartburn to see what clients actually think about them, but it also earns our respect far more when real improvement is made.

But no, no let's just hide things that we don't like.
Am I wrong remembering that you were affiliated with the company for a while? Has that changed?

Joel R

Habitué
Am I wrong remembering that you were affiliated with the company for a while? Has that changed?
Jordan is a paid customer service rep. I was a guest blogger.

He manages the forums. He triages client feedback. He writes official company announcements. He gets paid. I didn't do / manage / receive any of that.

What we have in common: our taste in geometric interior decor. He's blond; I act blonde. Oh, and we both run forums.

But on the other hand, were you asked to come over here and intervene in the way you did?

What initiative though! If I were to hire a young up-and-coming customer service rep, I'd totally want to see spicy bold moves like asking to delete bad comments off the face of the internet!

Chemical

Participant
What initiative though! If I were to hire a young up-and-coming customer service rep, I'd totally want to see spicy bold moves like asking to delete bad comments off the face of the internet!

Painting over graffiti with the wrong colour paint, springs to mind.

JordanInvision

Aspirant
Following your earlier explanation, I believe you thought you were doing the right thing.

No, no one asked me to dig up an unflattering 3-year-old topic and breathe new life into it. That mistake was all mine to own ??

In hindsight, I should have reached out to TAZ privately to inquire, not comment ?. And here I am, still commenting -___- But at this point it doesn't feel right to walk away without clarifying a few things like what you asked above.

Jordan is a paid customer service rep. I was a guest blogger.

He manages the forums. He triages client feedback. He writes official company announcements. He gets paid. I didn't do / manage / receive any of that.

What we have in common: our taste in geometric interior decor. He's blond; I act blonde. Oh, and we both run forums.

I'd like to add Marketing to that list, as I recently started working full-time with Invision Community because of how awesome my first few months were. :) ?

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Seems surprising that anybody wanting to work in marketing is not familiar with the (1) the Streisand Effect and that (2) the internet never forgets. The problem is not that it was asked in public about removing a negative thread, but rather that it was even asked at all.

On a different topic...
our taste in geometric interior decor
Sounds interesting. Does it apply just to the shapes/patterns of the objects in a room or does it extend to color schemes as well. Lately I've been helping my sister with her house as she slowly redoes her house into something that is shaping up to be a mixture of contemporary modern and industrial. Industrial Modern? Modern Industrial? ?

D

Deleted member 3691

Seems surprising that anybody wanting to work in marketing is not familiar with the (1) the Streisand Effect and that (2) the internet never forgets. The problem is not that it was asked in public about removing a negative thread, but rather that it was even asked at all.
We promoted him after his first post here.

Chronologically speaking.

JordanInvision

Aspirant
The Streisand effect is real regarding this topic ?.

Tbh, I'm hoping there's been enough interaction now that someone reading through will hopefully A. be entertained and B. see we really do care and are always looking to improve / be better.

But yea, it was a mistake to breathe new life into this ? However, I have enjoyed talking with you all in the time since so maybe it wasn't for nothing? Idk Idk lol.