Stay away from Invision Power Services and their products – it's a shady and greedy company

tony45

Enthusiast
I usually support invision, because I think its product is FAR superior to Xf, Vb... but this kind of "maneuvers" are kind disappointing.
Doing Marketing is supposed to be about communicating what you´re offering to the market, not about eliminating criticism (fair or unfair). These kinds of attitudes only make one trust them less.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I'd be more concerned about the single Trustpilot review that's listed on the same page. It really should receive a reply and if it were down to me I'd encourage other customers to submit reviews. Invision Community is after all one of the more progressive forum platforms available and it is certainly worthy of some praise in its current incarnation.

I also think we should consider cutting JordanInvision a little slack. I'm sure his posts were made in good faith. There's a learning curve to any new position and I hope he'll see the criticisms here as constructive rather than anything personal.

Matt M

Developer
I usually support invision, because I think its product is FAR superior to Xf, Vb... but this kind of "maneuvers" are kind disappointing.
Doing Marketing is supposed to be about communicating what you´re offering to the market, not about eliminating criticism (fair or unfair). These kinds of attitudes only make one trust them less.
His motivation wasn't to rewrite history or eradicate genuine complaints but rather indicate to the casual observer that the complaint had been discussed and dealt with.

We don't need to do the usual thing we all do and assume he is being pernicious based on his first true interaction here.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Jordan has the energy of fifteen humans and the desire to eradicate bad feelings from the planet.
Thats good but walk before you run or think before acting. Everyone makes mistakes its how you deal with it to solve it that impresses people. I hope that we get more insight in IPS with Jordan think more information of features or surveys, he has a lot of work to do.

Chemical

Participant
His motivation wasn't to rewrite history or eradicate genuine complaints but rather indicate to the casual observer that the complaint had been discussed and dealt with.

We don't need to do the usual thing we all do and assume he is being pernicious based on his first true interaction here.
It might be a good idea to mirror forum 'solved' functionality so that a post that sets out to complain can also be marked as resolved or disputed. At least this way the current situation will be highlighted on post 1, rather than deeper in the thread. In such circumstances it would be entirely appropriate for the subject of the complaint to request that a complaint be marked as disputed or resolved, especially if the OP goes awol and doesn't respond to requests to update the status of the complaint. As it is, asking for the contents of the original post to be changed is bound to raise a few eyebrows, whatever the motivation of the person making the request.

JordanInvision

Aspirant
I also think we should consider cutting @JordanInvision a little slack. I'm sure his posts were made in good faith. There's a learning curve to any new position and I hope he'll see the criticisms here as constructive rather than anything personal.
Appreciate you saying that and showing some understanding! In hindsight I can see why my request to hide this topic / update the title to show it's been resolved can seem icky. Especially from someone brand new to TAZ. Definitely learned a lesson here.

Jordan has the energy of fifteen humans and the desire to eradicate bad feelings from the planet.

Basically, the forum industry hasn't crushed his spirit yet.

You can see him in action here:

Haha 15 humans?! Maybe 14 but 15?! 😂 Appreciate the support on this one, Matt! 🥲

Yes! I genuinely didn't mean to come off like I was looking to censor people or rewrite history. It honestly came from a place of wanting IC to have as great of a reputation as possible. But it backfired :didi:

Give it a few more weeks on TAZ, that should do it ;)
Haha I'mma do my best to stay strong then :jedi:

Everyone makes mistakes its how you deal with it to solve it that impresses people.
Love this! Thank you. Engage!

It might be a good idea to mirror forum 'solved' functionality so that a post that sets out to complain can also be marked as resolved or disputed.
Love this, too! And yes I agree it was eyebrow raising in hindsight. I see that now. I would hate to see someone pass on IC because they took a glance at this topic. With that said, it's unfair of me to request to hide things. It was selfish and I'm sorry.

To the rest of the TAZ community, I apologize! Definitely overstepped. Sending you all good vibes. 🙏

Dubbed Navigator

Adherent
Appreciate you saying that and showing some understanding! In hindsight I can see why my request to hide this topic / update the title to show it's been resolved can seem icky. Especially from someone brand new to TAZ. Definitely learned a lesson here.

Haha 15 humans?! Maybe 14 but 15?! 😂 Appreciate the support on this one, Matt! 🥲

Yes! I genuinely didn't mean to come off like I was looking to censor people or rewrite history. It honestly came from a place of wanting IC to have as great of a reputation as possible. But it backfired :didi:

Haha I'mma do my best to stay strong then :jedi:

Love this! Thank you. Engage!

Love this, too! And yes I agree it was eyebrow raising in hindsight. I see that now. I would hate to see someone pass on IC because they took a glance at this topic. With that said, it's unfair of me to request to hide things. It was selfish and I'm sorry.

To the rest of the TAZ community, I apologize! Definitely overstepped. Sending you all good vibes. 🙏
Can't fault this tbh, nice one.

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
Not meaning to be impolite to anyone, but isn't that use of greedy sort of - - - well, what does "greedy" mean? Isn't everyone greedy to some degree? Does greedy automatically imply something bad?

Maybe modifying it with 'overly' would be better, no?

Even being 'overly greedy' might be considered good business in some circles.

truthingtotruth

Aspirant
Good grief, was it a full moon last week or was everyone really just bored, talk about making nothing into a drama ........
I asked my questions because there is a Greed Creed now driving commerce on/in this Internet World and it has become acceptable, possibly rightly so, but it is also very cleverly disguised as being for the good of Internet Citizens.

But if you were to ask for more of my thoughts I would be required to start a new thread so I don't take this one off-topic.

But I suspect you wouldn't want to ask me for more of my thoughts on this matter. My brain's output doesn't set well with many of the upper-class of this New Net World.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
many of the upper-class of this New Net World
I’ve always believed that the internet empowers a great deal of democracy in its truest, most literal form: power to the people. I am not sure who the “upper class” are, I hope I am not entirely considered one of them because in spite of my knowledge and experience, I ain’t no fancy pants upper class. I even say lots of rude words, just not here.

Joel R

Fan
LOL

Did the IPS official rep ask to bury this topic? I'm laughing because it's such typical IPS, regardless of his tenure with the company.

Works on their company forum. Doesn't work on any other forum.

I genuinely don't understand why the company doesn't let the critiques stand and directly address them. That's the power of community, and open transparency, and committing to action and improving customer service even if it's messy and challenging. It may give the company heartburn to see what clients actually think about them, but it also earns our respect far more when real improvement is made.

But no, no let's just hide things that we don't like.