Stay away from Invision Power Services and their products – it's a shady and greedy company

Russ

Administrator
Totally understand. It was worth inquiring about. It shows up on the first page of Google when searching 'Invision Community reviews' :sob:💔

I see the OP's response which includes a message from Lindy, but I fear people stumbling upon this page via search engines won't read the thread, just that first post. 😢

Would you be open to updating the title so it says: "Stay away from Invision Power Services and their products – it's a shady and greedy company | Update: Invision Power Services responds"

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

This is trying to go down a strange path that potentially sets a precedent that doesn't go well with The Admin Zone community. Asking for it to be removed in public is rather absurd and really you're just bringing more attention to it now. I also don't see how updating the thread title to that would do any good, the end of the thread title doesn't even show up on the google results for me.

IPS have a good amount of threads on here with varying feedback, sometimes it even sparks change from IPS directly which I see as a positive thing.

Alpha1

Administrator
JordanInvision If you are concerned about the Google ranking of this thread, then rather than adding freshness to this thread and boosting its ranking, it seems more effective to add constructive & informative content to other threads and new threads on Invision Power Services. Just making other threads more interesting so that Google will rank those higher seems a positive constructive approach.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I agree with Russ and Alpha1. This thread was history (not anymore) and we all know the potential ramifications if you attempt to rewrite or delete history.

As for the thread title, it's arguably verging on 'click bait' and I suspect once seen the majority of people with any interest in the platform will read the thread, form a positive opinion of how the issue was handled and perhaps proceed to purchase.

I'd let the thread stand as it is. I think it serves to demonstrate a positive resolution to a genuine customer complaint.

Dubbed Navigator

Adherent
Tbh, I'm not even sure why this is being asked for / considered. Trying to remove something like this raises real eyebrows IMO.

I far prefer to read a review that shows someone's concern, and it being dealt with appropriately than 10 reviews that I'm not really sure are genuinely the customer.
Secondly, why wouldn't Lindy have asked for it to be removed if there was a concern?

Any genuine customer looking to make the investment to IPS would look at the review, and not just base their decision on the headline.

craigForo

Enthusiast
But did you read the EULA?
I'll apologize for this ill-thought-out remark. When your license expires one should not be permitted to be able to purchase any addon outside of the original version of the original purchase. If you are running 4.4 presently, and want blog system 4.5 then you should be required to buy the 4.5 suite core, then your apps. BUT, on the other hand, if you are running 4.4 and want the 4.4 blogs to complement your community, you should be able to make that purchase but made aware of them with security vulnerabilities. I good example of this is vBulletin. as a customer, you can download any version you wich.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
I recommend Envision Power Systems, or similar. 😝

Bionic Rooster

Adherent
Ohhhh?!

I don't particularly love the idea of censoring someone's posts/thoughts. However, if the issue has since been resolved, and TAZ is open to removing/hiding this thread from view, I'd be very grateful for that. If not I understand of course.

And thank you for the kind words!
You wouldn't happen to also work for Twitter and or Facebook? IMO your post taints Invision position, philosophy more than the OP's experience.

Russ

Administrator
Some of you are acting like the guy is going around burning villages, when all he did is bump an old thread.

Not quite. He bumped an old thread as an employee hoping to get it removed because it's not the best look for IPS. I don't think we'd let any employee of a forum software come in trying to clean up old review threads because they don't like what google is showing.

haqzore

Devotee
Some of you are acting like the guy is going around burning villages, when all he did is bump an old thread.
Seriously.

Step 1: Find a problem.
Step 2: Openly (and publicly) discuss potential solutions to problem while also offering help to the user.
Step 3: TAZ members: "AHHHHHH! OHHH MY GOD!"

Sheesh...

TLChris

Administrator
Oh boy, we haven't seen this much activity in a few months. Best be getting the popcorn.

Also, did Matt just drop they were changing their name causally so when they do it's not a big surprise?

we_are_borg

Administrator

Well JordanInvision is working for IPS so he should have been aware what would happen when he asked this and bumped the old thread. This thread when searching for “Invision powered service” is in the top 10 ranking on Google. Instead of letting it die out it gotten back in to the land of living. He did the opposite of what he was planning so it backfired on him. Many companies try this to whitewash the negative away or diminish it, no company will get all positive reviews its almost impossible after being years in the business. Solve issues and be brutally honest gives you more leeway then trying to alter.