Sprint is the worst company in the world

Kyrie

Habitué
I wanted to do one thing. Unlock a phone I purchased online, and had the account holder's info from sprint.

• I went called into support, they said I need to live chat since that's their department.
  • I live chatted, they said I need to call into support after a 45 min chat.
  • Support told me they can't verify the account, even though I had all the info. I hung up.
  • An hour later, called in they found it (yay)
  • They said "great, your phone is now unlocked" (it wasn't)
  • I called support, they said I have to go into the store.
  • I go into the store, store says "idk what you're talking about, we don't do that here.. Let's call support together"
  • Phone rep says I need a sprint sim to do the unlock (I specifically asked the rep about this, they said no)
  • Sales rep, signs me up for one month service with the intent to cancel at no fee. The rep on the phone told me that's how it's done.
  • Okay, so now I call in and they say "great, your phone is now unlocked" (it wasn't)
  • I called into support and they said since I activated a new account it can't be unlocked until I pay for 12 months of service......
  • So I say "alright, I guess I'll see if service speed is okay in my area" - it was not.
  • I called back into support, frustrated wanted to cancel.
  • --- THIS TOOK 4 HOURS OF CONVINCING THEM TO CANCEL ME --
  • They transferred me for the, get this, 9th time, and finally got someone in united states.
  • She's polite and says "Sorry our call centers suck" and says "your account will be canceled at midnight, no charge since you used server for 3-4 hours
  • Midnight comes around, I can still login to my account online and behold, there's a bill of $90 (one month service + activation etc)
  • Called into support, they said since I activated online, I'll need to go to live chat.
  • Live chat says 'We don't cancel on live chat, please call"
  • Called into support, they said since I activated online, I'll need to go to live chat.
  • I go into the store, they tell me "oh it was canceled, but it looks like you'll owe first month's bill"
  • I say "no, that's not what YOU told me"
  • He removed my auto pay and payment info from the account.
  • I called back into customer service, they said it is scheduled to cancel today 7/8 @ 1PM Central Time
  • I recieved a bill online for $97.31 - Says it'll auto pay.
  • I login to my account again, and there isn't payment info for it to auto pay and also says im not enrolled in autopay.

I called into support again, they said "nothing we can do, it's processing" and "let's see what happens at 1PM"

Sprint is the worst company in the world.

Last edited:

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
WOW, do you have a telecommunications ombudsman or something in your country you can report your issue to?

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Melodrama. Worst company in the world, because of poor service? Your name wouldn't happen to be Karen? lol

Kyrie

Habitué
Melodrama. Worst company in the world, because of poor service? Your name wouldn't happen to be Karen? lol

There is a HUGE difference between poor customer service and service where they literally try to trick you. I've had some "ok" sources that say things like "the reps will never cancel you, just say it and wont to keep their commission. There's also bonuses for not canceling people" and so far that's the case. Time and time again I am told different things and they turn out to be outright lies. I gave them benefit of the doubt. I thought, okay maybe language barrier makes communication difficult but if the conversation is:

"I'd like to cancel"
"Okay, your account will cancel without charges in 30 days"

Then I login a few days later, and it's not canceled and have extra fees, THAT is not my fault. That's shady business practice and I have every right to complain about it.

Only now I was able to find the new CEO's email on.. I think it was linkedin or something like that, emailed them directly and got it resolved.

That being said, most large companies utilize 'foreign' customer service call centers and ethics aside from that, it'll always lead to things like this.

FUN FACT:
The third time trying to cancel, the rep told me she was crying because I was canceling and caused her "great distress" yikes.

Nabix

iu

haqzore

Devotee
That being said, most large companies utilize 'foreign' customer service call centers and ethics aside from that, it'll always lead to things like this.
This is false, and an extreme over generalization.

I can say this from very qualified experience.

mysiteguy

Fanatic
There is a HUGE difference between poor customer service and service where they literally try to trick you. I've had some "ok" sources that say things like "the reps will never cancel you, just say it and wont to keep their commission. There's also bonuses for not canceling people" and so far that's the case. Time and time again I am told different things and they turn out to be outright lies. I gave them benefit of the doubt. I thought, okay maybe language barrier makes communication difficult but if the conversation is:

"I'd like to cancel"
"Okay, your account will cancel without charges in 30 days"

Then I login a few days later, and it's not canceled and have extra fees, THAT is not my fault. That's shady business practice and I have every right to complain about it.

Only now I was able to find the new CEO's email on.. I think it was linkedin or something like that, emailed them directly and got it resolved.

FUN FACT:
The third time trying to cancel, the rep told me she was crying because I was canceling and caused her "great distress" yikes.

I stand by it, you're being melodramatic.

There are companies who are involved in things that directly contribute to environmental destruction, contribute to misery in the human race, who have virtual slave labor in China and other 3rd world countries, abuse children in factories, have killed people (blood diamond trade), have ripped people off from their life savings, etc.

Kyrie

Habitué
I stand by it, you're being melodramatic.

There are companies who are involved in things that directly contribute to environmental destruction, contribute to misery in the human race, who have virtual slave labor in China and other 3rd world countries, abuse children in factories, have killed people (blood diamond trade), have ripped people off from their life savings, etc.

You're right. Maybe they aren't that bad. But I was lied to consistently by them, and it took me almost two weeks to fully cancel my account. That's unacceptable.

This is false, and an extreme over generalization.

I can say this from very qualified experience.

I guess that comment of mine had some serious racist/xeno undertones and I didn't mean it to, I apologize. I think my experience has largely been the same. I've had most phone carriers and that's what I meant. It seems like there's different types of work ethics/tactics involved. It seems, to me, that not canceling me is in the rep's best interest and will simply just not do it.. and that's not the way it should be. I was about to just cancel my debit card and get a new one when I finally got an email back from that high ranking person I talked about earlier.

NOT ONLY THAT:

The store rep, the "manager", told me that oh yeah I can just come into the store can cancel. It turns out, that's not true and you can't do that. They got me on the line with them manager and they told me I was canceled. Then I was sent a bill. The whole time I was in the store he kept trying to push phone cases on me??? - like wow.