Some sad news

Chris D

XenForo Developer
From XF.com:
Kier said:
I'm afraid it falls to me to announce the untimely passing of @Liam W late last week.

Liam was a valued member of this community and a talented programmer, who had worked closely with XenForo Ltd. fixing bugs and consulting on new features.

All of his add-on releases will continue to be available under the terms of the MIT license.

He will be greatly missed and our thoughts are with those he leaves behind.
We'll miss you, Liam W.

R0binHood

Habitué
This is tragic, especially in conjunction with the recent loss of Jeremy too.

1582579984210.png

1582579953748.png

Rest in peace Liam, we'll miss you my dude.

Do we know what happened? I thought I read just recently he was attending university?

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Tragically he took his own life.

I won’t post it here as it is upsetting but he did schedule a post to be published on his website after the fact.

Oh no!!!!
So extremely saddened by this news. And although I don't know the specifics of why he'd do this - I understand and empathize greatly. I've had thoughts and attempts, which inevitably equaled a cry for help, as if I were serious - there's absolutely no way that I'd have failed......

This world.... I absolutely loath it at times; That it and the people in it to often drive others to that brink of such desperation that there's seemingly no other choice but to end it all. We need to be kinder to each other goddamn it!!! :cry:

J.

Kintaro

Enthusiast
I know it's hard to do it but... how about silently fill reports without debating and let admins take actions (or not)?

RIP Liam.

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
I'm sorry if that sparked something more than I expected, it is truly shocking that such a thing could happen thus the curiosity. It may be good to stay away from speculating, it is too easy for someone to jump to conclusions and read things which may not be there.

If you must discuss it, then do it privately. Depression tends to result in people amplifying everything they hate about themselves in their heads and it can feel as if everything they do or say to people is wrong. I would know because I am depressed.