Some sad news

dvsDave

Aspirant
I am devastated. Liam did some custom work for me over the years, fixing some addons that had been abandoned and coming up with solutions to oddball tweaks I needed to be done on my old site. He was great at understanding other people's code, even when it was a convoluted mess.

Requiescat in Pace Liam.

Dryline

Neophyte
He will be missed for certain. In 2010 when the Discovery series Storm Chasers was still airing, one of the chasers who rode in the TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle) was found hanging from the floor joists in the basement of the family’s home. He was so young, had a very bright future, and it was just so hard to understand. You never know what someone is thinking but if they let anyone know they’re depressed and thinking of ending it all we have to do everything we can to get them help. Sometimes it comes as a complete surprise so there isn’t anything anyone can do. Although I didn’t personally know Liam, I saw many of his posts on XF and could tell he was very adept at what he was doing. Nonetheless, our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones during this difficult tim. :heart:

zappaDPJ

Administrator

Paul M

Limeade Addict
And as I said in a previous post I'm almost positive he was a mod and add-on developer over at vbulletin.org.
Ah, sorry, I did not see that post, another sad loss :(
I remember him well, he was one of our vbulletin.org moderators while I was still Administrator.

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo Developer
What was the motive, do we know?
Motive certainly isn’t clear and I presume there is only speculation surrounding that currently.

Reasonable number of Pittsburgh local news articles and reports online with facts. Search for “Jeremy Dentel murder” for more information.

BigPete7978

Aspirant
Sad to hear about both. I didn't know either personally, but I remember posts from both from when XenForo first started, when I switched to it. RIP. :(