Some MyBB 2.0 prototypes to be revealed

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
All of it? Well, the important parts at the very least. Index, topics, etc.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Screenshot the responsive forum index opened on a generic smartphone.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Something like this? I don't have a generic smartphone to hand, but these are taken using Firefox's Responsive Viewer (part of the developer tools):

Smartphone Vertical:

ai.imgur.com_D1h7A5C.png

Smartphone Horizontal:

ai.imgur.com_TCnpk9K.png

Small Tablet Vertical:

ai.imgur.com_sC4W4r4.png

Small Tablet Horizontal:

ai.imgur.com_BkdnzHt.png

Note this isn't finalised and things will likely change before release :)

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Something like this? I don't have a generic smartphone to hand, but these are taken using Firefox's Responsive Viewer (part of the developer tools):

Smartphone Vertical:

View attachment 32836

Smartphone Horizontal:

View attachment 32837

Small Tablet Vertical:

View attachment 32838

Small Tablet Horizontal:

View attachment 32839

It reminds me of the 1.8 theme. I thought the new theme for 2.0 would be a much bigger overhaul in appearance.
Nice to see that there's a sidebar now. Not sure how I feel about the big O on the navbar, as it feels very out of place.

Most interesting thing is probably the navbar, and the sidebar.
Are you using AJAX for the alert system?

Last edited:

Phillip

The Priest

Smartphone Vertical:

View attachment 32836

Smartphone Horizontal:

View attachment 32837

Small Tablet Vertical:

View attachment 32838

Small Tablet Horizontal:

View attachment 32839

I'm like that a lot already. 2.0 looks like a whole new software in itself, that's how I see this on the tablets.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Quite honestly, I thought MyBB was going to drag the secrecy thing with MyBB 2.0 out for another six months or so, so it's a pleasant surprise that there's something to show. I'm just not seeing how it's unique in the current market, with quite a few decent choices in the free forum software market.

Does MyBB 2.0 have a full-out widget system like ABB, IPB, Wordpress, etc., or is the sidebar hard-coded into the index theme?

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
Is a listing of today's daily updated topics at long last going to be shown out of the box for guests when search is available to them? I hoped that by 2015 MyBB would've given at least symbolic consideration to improve discoverability of content.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Something like this? I don't have a generic smartphone to hand, but these are taken using Firefox's Responsive Viewer (part of the developer tools)
Out of curiosity, Why is your name Justin in the screenshots?

Phillip

The Priest

Maybe his real name is Justin. Who knows really? :) Justin is a pretty cool name. I was going think cause they are working on it maybe he wanted to use Justin as just an example or something.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Maybe his real name is Justin. Who knows really? :) Justin is a pretty cool name. I was going think cause they are working on it maybe he wanted to use Justin as just an example or something.
I thought Justin was the one who creates the themes for MyBB. That's why I was confused.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
It reminds me of the 1.8 theme. I thought the new theme for 2.0 would be a much bigger overhaul in appearance.
Nice to see that there's a sidebar now. Not sure how I feel about the big O on the navbar, as it feels very out of place.

Most interesting thing is probably the navbar, and the sidebar.
Are you using AJAX for the alert system?

The big "O" in the navbar is the user's avatar, it just so happens that that is Justin's ;)

We're not sure yet as we're still writing a lot of the system and need to do serious feasibility testing. If we do, it'll be an option rather than being on out of the box.

Quite honestly, I thought MyBB was going to drag the secrecy thing with MyBB 2.0 out for another six months or so, so it's a pleasant surprise that there's something to show. I'm just not seeing how it's unique in the current market, with quite a few decent choices in the free forum software market.

Does MyBB 2.0 have a full-out widget system like ABB, IPB, Wordpress, etc., or is the sidebar hard-coded into the index theme?

There's a basic widget system being worked on. Widgets include:

- Forum List
- Recent Topics
- Who's Online

We'll also probably add some kind of social widget for a Twitter/Facebook feed. Of course, others will be easily treatable by developers.

Is a listing of today's daily updated topics at long last going to be shown out of the box for guests when search is available to them? I hoped that by 2015 MyBB would've given at least symbolic consideration to improve discoverability of content.

As said above, the latest posts block is a widget, which can be used if an administrator wants to.

Because that's the name of the test user I use. My primary browser is Safari, but it doesn't have as good responsive utilities as Firefox does. I therefore use Firefox with a second test user.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
There is a Justin S. I know that for a fact, he is the one who creates MyBB themes in general.

And yes, the Justin in the screenshot does refer to Justin S :p Justin is the lead designer for the project, and Mike Creuzer sometimes does some design work too.