Some MyBB 2.0 prototypes to be revealed

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
So Justin is doing the styling for 2.0 also? This is going to be awesome. :)
Yep, he always does the major design work unless he's too busy. Of course, a lot of the design is open to change. Justin has changed it several times so far.

Phillip

The Priest
Yep, he always does the major design work unless he's too busy. Of course, a lot of the design is open to change. Justin has changed it several times so far.
Awesome, I notice with some designs you can go back to the previous coding for header_ and such...I just converted a 1.6.16 to 1.8.4 and used the same coding for it all and it still works. Which is what I love about MyBB when doing designs.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Awesome, I notice with some designs you can go back to the previous coding for header_ and such...I just converted a 1.6.16 to 1.8.4 and used the same coding for it all and it still works. Which is what I love about MyBB when doing designs.
That won't be possible with 2.0 I'm afraid. We're using an actual template system (Twig) rather than the current technique of using eval(). This means you can do things such as conditionals:

Code:
{% if forum.children.count > 0 %}
    {% for subforum in forum.children.toTree %}
        <ul class="subforums">
            <i class="fa fa-level-up"></i>
            <li><a href="{{ url_route("forums.show", [subforum.slug]) }}" class="subforum-title">{{ subforum.title }}</a></li>
        </ul>
    {% endfor %}
{% endif %}

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
That won't be possible with 2.0 I'm afraid. We're using an actual template system (Twig) rather than the current technique of using eval(). This means you can do things such as conditionals:

Code:
        <ul class="subforums">
            <li><a href="{{ url_route("forums.show", [subforum.slug]) }}" class="subforum-title">{{ subforum.title }}</a></li>
        </ul>
    {% endfor %}
{% endif %}
857 active users? I assume that the statistics are hard-coded into the index page, at the moment?

Phillip

The Priest

Code:
        <ul class="subforums">
        </ul>
    {% endfor %}
{% endif %}
Looks like I will be looking to working with something new after it the release and such or end up playing around with it to getting themes/styles to look awesome with it.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
857 active users? I assume that the statistics are hard-coded into the index page, at the moment?
Yes, they are at the minute. There's still a long way to go before release. We're not going to be rushing it out of the door any time soon.

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
Yes, they are at the minute. There's still a long way to go before release. We're not going to be rushing it out of the door any time soon.
Is the post data imported from another site or are they also hard-coded into that page? Just curious about how far you've gotten with MyBB 2.0.

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
Is the post data imported from another site or are they also hard-coded into that page? Just curious about how far you've gotten with MyBB 2.0.
It's all imported/manually inserted into the database from the MyBB official forums from a while ago. We took the data while deciding upon the database structure as it's handy to be able to build against a decent set of data in order to get layouts and logic correct. As for how far we've gotten, not too far, so I wouldn't expect a release for a while. We will be having several alphas and betas before a first RC is available.

PenguinPaul

MyBB Community Team
This is actually an outdated version of the prototypes. Justin has done some even better an amazing stuff that will be posted soon!

euantor

MyBB Lead Developer
My bad, sorry guys. Should have checked the current images. You can clearly see the progression that's happened in a short amount of time now though ;)

Tiernan

Enthusiast
I think what I'm seeing. I currently run on MyBB 1.8.

One feature that I couldn't get is having a custom user title that appears alongside the forum rank. Will this be possible in 2.0?

Its a pity I probably won't be able to upgrade when it is released. One of my plugins plays a major role on the site.

Phillip

The Priest
You know in some of the screenshots I haven't seen what the forum statistics looks like yet. Do you have any screenshots of that yet?

PenguinPaul

MyBB Community Team
I think what I'm seeing. I currently run on MyBB 1.8.

One feature that I couldn't get is having a custom user title that appears alongside the forum rank. Will this be possible in 2.0?

Its a pity I probably won't be able to upgrade when it is released. One of my plugins plays a major role on the site.
That is possible in 1.8.

marcgo15

Adherent
I like what I see so far :)! Any chance we can get a postbit and profile shot?