SMF 2.0.18 released

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
That's because 2.0.18 is just bug fixes on the 2.0 line that came out in 2011.

2.1 is still trying to get somewhere, even though it's been 7 years since I left the dev team...

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
This may be inappropriate in a release announcement, but short of a clean reimplementation against modern stack technologies, at this point the best move forward could be rebasing SMF on top of Wedge and call it SMF 3.0

They'd get rid of a ton of legacy code and implementations overnight (anyone still using "WAP" in 2021 ?), with a lot of room to focus on getting as many addons and themes remade against this fresher codebase rather than keep hobbling conservatively afraid of breaking addons that havent been updated since 5 years or work on php7+.

zappaDPJ

anyone still using "WAP" in 2021 ?

Believe it or not a fairly large number of members still use it (WAP 2) on a couple of forums I run. It's fair to say both are arguably special cases in that neither forum has a responsive theme and both forums are accessed prominently by smart phones.

I've considered installing a responsive theme but every update usually involves days of work due to the large amount of customization we have so it's never been done.