- Sep 22, 2005
Full detailsSimple Machines is pleased to announce a new patch for the 2.0.x line of SMF, which pushes the version number to 2.0.18.
The patch is focused on PHP 7.4 support as well as other issues encountered on previous versions such as
- Policy acceptance missing id_member.
- Addresses PHP parse errors when using SMF file cache
- Avoids truncating Settings.php until after we have a lock on the file
- Tighten up security checks, bring in sync with 2.1
- Brought the UTF16-to-UTF8 logic over from 2.1
- Always include email address when downloading user's own profile data
- Fix missing info affecting logging for new registrations
- Fixes bugs with multi-version jumps (via CLI) where settings weren't refreshed
- Set utf8 as default going forward
I will add this will also supports PHP 8.0.x