Signs

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
I just saw Signs this past weekend. Has anyone seen it? I loved it. Surprised me since I'm not a sci-fi fan. Loved the story especially since it was like an onion. Lots of layers!

Anyone else see it?

Sal Collaziano

Womanizer
I saw it and I loved it as well. But, most people hated it. Especially considering the flaws.. Water killed these aliens.. It never rained anywhere? Isn't there a decent amount of water in the air?

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
I thought that was the reason for the few aliens that showed up in corn fields in the summer and in the desert in India....to put their signs up (markers for the coming invasion) and to check the weather. ;)

Maybe the water that kills them must be a certain percentage and in liquid form?

Ya know what I loved the best? (Forget the holes in the alien killing plot....)

I guess its cuz I'm the kind of person who believes that there is someone greater in control and that this isn't all about coincidence....

But I loved that:

1. son had asthma to keep him alive at this moment
2. the mom died so that the brother came to live in with the family
3. the brother's failure as a minor leaguer was useful to "swing away" to attack
4. the sisters quirky half filled water issues provided the ammo... scattered everywhere...

They were all equipped for the horrible moment in time they each needed special means to survive. Thus: Someone greater in control. ;)

I just liked it. Can you tell?

The Sandman

Administrator
I liked it too...but I don't think I was into it as much as you two... :p

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
Oooohh! Did you watch the extra stuff on the DVD? Cool stuff on how they made the movie. Made the movie even more interesting to me after the fact.

Sandman, you need to re-watch it. ;) You must have missed some stuff.

The Sandman

Administrator
Now, if you want to talk about the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, or The Matrix... :p

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
Hey! Start your own thread about LOTR (another great movie! )

Ogden2k

Good movie. It was very jumpy for me. Surround Sound really brings a movie to life if it's done right.

Wayne Luke

Tazmanian
I have to watch it again... I think I missed a lot of the nuances put into the film. It is hard for me to watch movies when other people are in the house because they make too much noise. As such, I usually miss parts and when I saw this movie it was on some Pay Channel so there wasn't any rewinding at the time.

Though that is fixed now with Tivo.

Morning Radio

Mine, not your's
Yes, I was a good movie. The whole family enjoyed it. When my kids will sit through an entire movie.... and not start bugging me about playing on the Computer or PS2...That tells me it was a good one. ;)
Glenn

Redshift

Aspirant
I enjoyed it too, but as previously said I found lot's of people didn't like it. It was quite onimous in parts the whole cornfields at night with wierd noises everywhere, I can tell you this I wouldn't be running in to investigate.

A

AWS

I watched it after my son told me about it. I'm heavy into ufology, although I have a different theory on the whole thing, and all other sorts of unexplained phenomenon.
I liked the movie. There is a whole lot going on in it and if you don't pay attention you'll miss out on all the subtle little bits.

wizard1974uk

Tazmanian Gremlin
I was going to go and see this but as usual I never got round to it. I may get it on DVD.

Brett

Aspirant
M Knight is a stud. i love all his movies. Unbreakable is my favorite, although nobody seems to like that one