Sick of IPS Support

ibaker

Enthusiast
I am so sick and tired of IPS Support...they are in my opinion one step off useless as they don't read support posts and today is a pure genius of an example of their arrogance and contempt against their customers

Simply i was advising them of a fault ON THEIR OWN SITE

I have just now created a thread right here on your own site:
https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/459345-permissions-on-databasepages/
When I resize the attachments in the post by clicking the attachment and changing the size of 1,000 to 300, the attachment image in the post changes to 300px which is good, however when I save it, the attachments still show as 1,000px
If this is as intended and that the function is not meant to do this then WHY even have it as a function OR if it is meant to resize the attachment then it is clearly not working.

(The red text above is my own highlight and I included this screen shot ALSO showing the IPS address
4.jpg

Their reply was:
Hello, please run the support tool, there is a patch to correct this issue you are likely missing.
Thank you.
Rhett
Support and Cloud Manager
Invision Power Services, Inc.

So being use to so much frustration from them when I try to help them i replied with:
For crying out loud...READ THE BLOODY SUPPORT POST...it says " I have just now created a thread right here on your own site"

And their reply to me, remember I was trying to help them was:
Hello, we have no interest in dealing with an attitude like that. If you want to change your tune, which would be highly recommended, we may be able to look into this further. We will not bounce from the community to a ticket and back to assist you, at this time, either do as recommended or provide any needed info in this ticket.

---------------------
On numerous times I have tried to help them with bugs and issues found and have always been treated this way...One time I told them about another issue on THEIR OWN SITE over a month agao and firstly they wanted ME to look for other instances of the issue on THEIR site PLUS that being over a month ago and they still have done nothing about it. Look at this screenshot of a record on their site (see web address)
1.jpg

They treat you with arrogance, they don't care about their own site, they abuse you for trying to help them and want you to do all the work for them to fix their own bloody application

There is one thing that to me is JUST AS IMPORTANT as the application itself and that is the company and people behind it and after over 40 years in ICT, IPS would be the absolute worst company out there

ibaker

Enthusiast
He has now said that I never stated that it wasn't my site...

My opening line was:

And he is now calling me a Child for letting other customers know how this customer has been treated...what companies would tell their clients, who were trying to help them, that they are a child. If you were advised by a user as an example that you have a broken link on your site...would you say "Thanks for letting us know and we will look into it" OR treat them with contempt and tell them they are a Child????

When trying to decide which software to go with when comparing between Xenforo and IPS, you really must look at the companies behind them before you decide.

When trying to decide which software to go with when comparing between Xenforo and IPS, you really must look at the companies behind them before you decide.
Exactly, one needs to do research when there is the type of commitment in investing in costly software. About a year ago I was thinking about change. Tried a demo, asked questions, got excuses instead of answers, read many of the testimonials of customers like yourself, and wondered if I was willing to pay others to be abused. Not in this life time LOL

User2684

Neophyte
If their support is like this. I would never go with them or having them in consideration for future projects or plans. If they behave like that with customers who pays their bills, then they don't deserve any penny from my pocket.

When I pay money for something, I'm expecting first of all an outstanding customer service and the service/product as described. And yes CUSTOMER is always right.

So far, I'm happy with XenForo customer service and how prompt they reply to my issues.

Morrigan

I put the Cute in Exe"cute".
I think there is a difference in missing a minor detail that has been reported repeatedly in support for individual sites to being dismissive. This was posted as a support topic here:

Then it was resolved and the means to fix it was the support tool to apply a patch.

Its actually EXTREMELY common in ALL tech support lands for users to not even perform the most basic troubleshooting steps to resolve issues (like restarting your modem or router for an internet issue or clearing your browser cache and cookies for a website issue). Missing 1 line and assuming that the problem was for your own site (since Tech support is going to assume that any reported issue is for your site and not their own as you are reaching out for "assistance") is actually going to be common in any tech support field.

Yes, in this instance it was frustrating for you and I can see that. I personally understand when it feels like part of what you've explained was ignored (I hate talking to any tech support department because I feel like most of the time they only half listen to me). But errors do happen.

D

Deleted member 3691

Hi Ian,

I want to apologise for the interaction from our support agent in that ticket. The quality of support given falls way below our high standards.

I want you to know that I find this unacceptable and we will be taking immediate action to ensure this does not happen again.

ibaker

Enthusiast
Thank you for the apology Matt M but it should be the support person apologising. People who know me from many years in forum software forums would know that I do voice my opinion, and at times very strongly, however I will always bend over backwards to help anyone I can

borbole

Adherent
I am so sick and tired of IPS Support...they are in my opinion one step off useless as they don't read support posts and today is a pure genius of an example of their arrogance and contempt against their customers

Simply i was advising them of a fault ON THEIR OWN SITE

When I resize the attachments in the post by clicking the attachment and changing the size of 1,000 to 300, the attachment image in the post changes to 300px which is good, however when I save it, the attachments still show as 1,000px
If this is as intended and that the function is not meant to do this then WHY even have it as a function OR if it is meant to resize the attachment then it is clearly not working.

(The red text above is my own highlight and I included this screen shot ALSO showing the IPS address
View attachment 54931

Their reply was:
Hello, please run the support tool, there is a patch to correct this issue you are likely missing.
Thank you.
Rhett
Support and Cloud Manager
Invision Power Services, Inc.

So being use to so much frustration from them when I try to help them i replied with:
For crying out loud...READ THE BLOODY SUPPORT POST...it says " I have just now created a thread right here on your own site"

And their reply to me, remember I was trying to help them was:
Hello, we have no interest in dealing with an attitude like that. If you want to change your tune, which would be highly recommended, we may be able to look into this further. We will not bounce from the community to a ticket and back to assist you, at this time, either do as recommended or provide any needed info in this ticket.

---------------------
On numerous times I have tried to help them with bugs and issues found and have always been treated this way...One time I told them about another issue on THEIR OWN SITE over a month agao and firstly they wanted ME to look for other instances of the issue on THEIR site PLUS that being over a month ago and they still have done nothing about it. Look at this screenshot of a record on their site (see web address)
View attachment 54932

They treat you with arrogance, they don't care about their own site, they abuse you for trying to help them and want you to do all the work for them to fix their own bloody application

There is one thing that to me is JUST AS IMPORTANT as the application itself and that is the company and people behind it and after over 40 years in ICT, IPS would be the absolute worst company out there

You sound like a drama queen imo. It looks like the Ips support guy misread your topic and misunderstood what you said. It happens. No big deal. Then you follow up with READ THE BLOODY SUPPORT POST, sounding like a kid who is throwing a fit. You could have said in a polite/normal way that he did not understand you, and not shout and abuse him like that. Then you come on here and cause more drama. You are one of those guys who love to dish it out, but can not take it.

I have purchased an Ipb license some time ago and I have had some dealings with their support team through the Desk System, and I have to say that Ipb provides an excellent support, top notch, be it there (Support Desk), or through forums. And they are very professional and take great care of their customers. Their support and product are the best in the forum market out there today.

ibaker

Enthusiast
good on ya...real productive post...the failure to read a support post in this case was NOT an isolated instance, but rather once too often as many many times they have not read the actual support post, and in fact my IPS developer that helps me with my site completely agrees with me and he too gets peeved with them...and he is more important and more experienced adding more value than anything you could add or say...oops, now I am sounding like a kid, but hey, he started it :ROFLMAO:...note to self, don't lower yourself to their level

Demon_skeith

Enthusiast
I remember one time opening a ticket with them, and they stated it had no question or issue and closed it. I and a few others looked at the issue I typed and the reason why I opened the ticket was clearly stated.

Only thing I can think of is they outsource their help who reads off a script.

Chemical

Participant
I dread reaching out to IPS support. As far as I am concerned, it really is the last resort.

D

Deleted member 3691

I remember one time opening a ticket with them, and they stated it had no question or issue and closed it. I and a few others looked at the issue I typed and the reason why I opened the ticket was clearly stated.

Only thing I can think of is they outsource their help who reads off a script.
Has that been something you've seen a lot? When did that happen? We did have some email parsing issues a few years back. We now use Zendesk as this handles the volume we get a lot better.

Danloona

Aspirant
I can honestly say that I don't have good experiences with their pre-sales support.
I was treated like object by them, without even answering to my ticket.

Sadly by that I considered xenForo over the IPS solutions, even when I really wanted to go with IPS...

Pigoo

Adherent
I mentioned this in another thread when I was deciding between Xenforo or IPS about 5 months ago...I also had a less than stellar pre-sales experience with IPS (VERY slow responses). I kind of liked what I saw with IPS...but the slow/poor pre-sales experience with IPS was the major reason I went with Xenforo.

With Xenforo my pre-sales questions were literally answered within minutes (at worst couple hours)...with IPS it was 24 hours or longer. I think with my very first question to IPS...I asked it on a Thursday morning...and I didn't receive a reply until Monday morning. With Xenforo not only were pre-sales questions answered quickly during regular business hours...pre-sales questions were also answered quickly during evening hours & weekends as well.

I had no prior experience with Xenforo or IPS before making this decision...choosing between Xenforo or IPS was a serious big decision and totally objective. If my pre-sales question experience had been better with IPS...I would have had a really really tough time deciding.

To be very honest...I was probably leaning in the the IPS direction. But when pre-sales questions are being answered very quickly & at all times with one company...and 24 hours or longer with another company...this tends to start steering/pushing you much more in one direction.

Chemical

Participant
Why do you dread it? I'd love to know so we can fix that.
I've lost count of the number of times my ticket hasn't been read correctly, often with glib one liners offered in response to detailed question(s) and issues raised in the original request. UK a.m. support is the worst we've encountered, but it's not much better in the late afternoon when I assume the US office takes over. It's so very different from the humble, helpful support offered by XF.

I'd also like to offer that your community (forum) experience isn't particularly helpful either, noticing that IPS staff are quick to 'like' fanboy comments, rather than focusing on solving issues raised by others in the original posts.

IPS may be a good platform, but from our perspective the overall experience isn't great I'm afraid. Which is a shame because if you applied a little XF inspired care and attention to your customer base, those of us affected by the issues raised in this thread would likely be advocates of the overall IPS experience.