Showcase

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Index thumbnail dimensions need to be fitted to logo width, because most logos are landscape. Currently it only shows part of the logo and therefore zooms in too much.
This was set up a day or so ago and worked perfectly, something changed between then and yesterday where it's now not working as it should.

The thumbnail sizes are set to be 250 x 150, with the cover image set the same. Yet even uploading an image of that size it is still zooming. More digging is required :)

Azareal

The AtomBB Overlord
I somewhat find it amusing that people only seem to be reviewing The Admin Zone and no other site.

Blind Bandit

Fanatic
How do I mark it read? It keeps showing new posts or reviews when I look at it and it won't go away.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Wow that was not a smart design choose.... oh well at least I know where it is now...
Why not? It functions the same way the forums do (other than the alert showing). if you want to mark forums read without reading them, you have to Mark Forums Read. The red alert works the way the New Posts count does - by informing you that there are new Showcase items.

Blind Bandit

Fanatic
Why not? It functions the same way the forums do (other than the alert showing). if you want to mark forums read without reading them, you have to Mark Forums Read. The red alert works the way the New Posts count does - by informing you that there are new Showcase items.

Yes and forum is the default view. Plus mark forums read is present at the top of thread view...

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Yes and forum is the default view. Plus mark forums read is present at the top of thread view...
And if you navigated to a different tab, for example Resources, Mark Forums Read would be there. If you went into an actual showcase item it would automatically mark as read -same functionality as a forum. I'm really not seeing the problem here.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
that's not really a solution. I would like a one click setting to be rid of it forever.
We've switched off the alert indicator completely. New Posts will show up the discussion threads attached to Showcase Items, so it's still easy to see if new sites have been added.

Alpha1

Administrator
Please add a custom field or categories for for community niche. i.e. automotive, travel, health, legal, sports, tech, pets, etc.

Alpha1

Administrator
Yes, I see that multiple entries do not have this field filled in.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Yes, I see that multiple entries do not have this field filled in.
It's a required field. You can't add a Showcase without filling it in. I've just checked, every site has it in place.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Wouldn't the niche be a category? I noticed the categories aren't really used much. I also realize there could be a ton of different categories. Hmm....

Scott

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Wouldn't the niche be a category? I noticed the categories aren't really used much. I also realize there could be a ton of different categories. Hmm....

Scott
Currently there are no categories set up, which is why it's a niche field instead. It's still a work in progress, to be evolved and tweaked as it gets used :)

Alpha1

Administrator
I was looking for the niche field on the community specifications tab.
Consider to make it preset niche categories so that it becomes possible to filter by niche.