Showcase

The Sandman

Tazmanian Addict
As you may have noticed we've installed and activated Showcase for use in showcasing forums. All members with 10 or more posts are encouraged to add their forums to the Showcase. :)

There are some nifty features to Showcase - for example TAZ members will be able to rate and review submitted sites as well as post comments in the associated threads that are created automatically. There's more to it than that, and we have some additional tweaking planned as well.

Sites submitted to the Showcase must be at least 3 months old and have more than 500 posts in order to be approved.

Feel free to go ahead and start submitting your forums to the Showcase! And use this thread for any questions or comments. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheldon

Fan
Now just need to remove the Directory tab. If people want sites listed, they can add in Showcase. Pretty simple.

BrandonSheley

loving life
I've always liked the showcase mod but have never really been on a site that utilized it to it's fullest. Looking forward to seeing how it goes here.

*edit*

I could do without the alerts though :)

Last edited:

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
I agree with Sheldon there, directories are something I usually blog about not posting too :p

I think the showcase is a better idea, maybe make the links "No Follow" or hidden to guests and just rely on organic traffic with the showcase. Directories were nice back in their prime but now they are more of a headache than they are good.

BrandonSheley

loving life
I'll clicked the marked viewed but it seems it's from new submissions added... so I think I'll see it again when a new site is added.

It's not a huge deal but it was something I noticed.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
It is the setting :) The count is to show you that there are new sites being listed. If you Mark Viewed, it'll clear the count.

BrandonSheley

loving life
It is the setting :) The count is to show you that there are new sites being listed. If you Mark Viewed, it'll clear the count.
Right but I'm pretty sure it'll pop up again when a new site is added. :)

I'll see what happens, thanks for the info.

Phillip

The Priest
I'm liking this a lot. I can probably see people going to it right now and adding theirs. :p Nice little addition for TAZ. :)

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
The addon is unavailable for purchase at XF :( I could see running this on both my XF communities. Is the purchase only good for one licensed install?

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
The addon is unavailable for purchase at XF :( I could see running this on both my XF communities. Is the purchase only good for one licensed install?
Showcase is available for purchase, but you have to go to http://addons.nfljunkies.com/ to buy it. Bob (the author) is great for keeping it up to date. And yes it's for one licensed install.

Shawn Gossman

Tazmanian Master
Cool. I might turn it into a bicycle registry for SIC. I am going to try to contact all the local police depts and see if they want to partner with my community on having it as an official bicycle registry, so in case someone's bike gets stolen, they can use the registry for gaining data about it. Sounds like a great idea doesn't it?

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Is there a way you can fix it so the image isn't stretched out and pixelated?

Alpha1

Administrator
Index thumbnail dimensions need to be fitted to logo width, because most logos are landscape. Currently it only shows part of the logo and therefore zooms in too much.

s.molinari

Leader of Skooppa
Wait it is available, I wasn't logged in >_<

Sorry for the off-topic, but....

Oops! I'd consider that a major usability issue. Instead of enticing someone to buy or get involved, who isn't yet a member of the XF community, it leads them to believe the add-on is simply "Not Available" with a non-clickable button. That could be improved considerably.

This new Showcase add-on also raises my interests, because it has a lot of interesting additional functionality. For instance, tagging. Is this its own tagging system? If so, what about this tagging add-on? If they were both added to my installation, would I really have two separate tagging systems in my XF? Hmm...I think I'll start another thread on this.

Edit - I started a new thread on this.

At any rate, thanks for the new stuff! I love communities that are constantly growing and changing for the better! That is what they should always be doing.;)

Scott

Last edited: